Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hyper-sensitive to Tesla Sightings while I wait for mine

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've not been waiting nearly as long as many of you (late October order here), but I've noticed this strange phenomenon that while I'm out and about I'm noticing WAY more Tesla's on the road - X's S's and 3's. I'm not in the bay area anymore so it's not the case where they truly are everywhere you look, but it still feels like there are way more on the road than there were two weeks ago, which I know to not be true... Anybody else seem to have gained this 6th sense of noticing / seeing / pointing out every Tesla on the road? I'm pretty sure I'm driving my wife crazy with all the Tesla talk :)

I've not been waiting nearly as long as many of you (late October order here), but I've noticed this strange phenomenon that while I'm out and about I'm noticing WAY more Tesla's on the road - X's S's and 3's. I'm not in the bay area anymore so it's not the case where they truly are everywhere you look, but it still feels like there are way more on the road than there were two weeks ago, which I know to not be true... Anybody else seem to have gained this 6th sense of noticing / seeing / pointing out every Tesla on the road? I'm pretty sure I'm driving my wife crazy with all the Tesla talk :)
this is called the Baader-Meinhof Phenomenon.

Totally! Especially white ones. ;) Wife is getting annoyed as well.

Muggles just don’t understand. :D

Around here you will see tons of them even without “Baader-Meinhif” phenomenon. It really doesn't help waiting. For some reason in Marin, Model S’s are the most common - probably due to the people that live here. I think I have 2 of them on my street (of 6 houses)!

Not long ago it was Mercedes, but Tesla seems to have taken over.

My wife says to “shut up” about the car. Politely - she’s very polite about it. She knows it’s a “guy” thing, but given we have been together for many years - there so much of a “guy thing” she wants to listen to. She should talk - as she’s had a couple of Porsches and Mercedes SL’s over the years. But women have a way of controlling the conversation.

I guess I have to pretend as if I’m buying a toaster.

I have three Model 3s within a block from my home, and I walk my dog by them all the time. Two are parked on the street, and one on a driveway. It doesn't make me anxious because they aren't "my color".

But when I see a white Model 3... hoo boy! It's not helping though...

I've seen the same Model 3 everyday on my drive home from work at the same light parked in a Dr's Office parking lot. It stands out because it's the exact color and wheel options I've selected. Otherwise I've seen very few Tesla's driving around here.

Not sure what type of emotion I feel when I spot M3s on the road while I wait for my VIN. Sad it's not me, yet happy that it will be soon. Gotta give it to Tesla... I don't think i've ever experienced this emotion before.... I can't place it exactly but it's a mix of excitement/impatience/envy/joy/sorrow

Reactions: JenniferH
I live in the San Francisco Bay area and often drive by the Tesla factory in Fremont. I see truckloads of new Model 3's every time I drive by that area. Just yesterday (November 9, 2019), I spotted a truckload heading north on HWY 101 in Mountain View. As the picture shows, these are configured for non-USA market with the wider license plates and right hand steering wheels.
Tesla M3 hwy 101 mtv view Nov 9_2019.jpg