Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hyperdip Gloss, 19" gemini rims refinished.

SkynetT10000

Feb 26, 2021
Socal
Sharing pics of hyperdip black emerald, took me about 6-8 light coats. Also used the amazon kit to cover the lug nuts, center cap..

Came out great, the gemini aero covers hiding some nice looking wheels, and saved 2k from the upgraded wheels, with benefit of ride comfort which kept me away from 20".

20210313_171348.jpg

20210313_233413.jpg

20210314_150935.jpg

20210314_150904.jpg

SkynetT10000

Feb 26, 2021
Socal
no they give you basically tire dressing so it peels off tire when done, then i got a rag and cleaned it with tire cleaner and all of it came off..

prep was easy, i added a little plastic trash bags on the nearby paint work just in case, set up under 5 mins for all wheels. Cover for rotor and brakes included in kit, less then 5 mins for all wheels. Just watched a few youtube vids for instructions, the company has a how to for hyperdip on YouTube.

Needsdecaf

Dec 16, 2018
The Woodlands, TX
Dipped wheels are surprisingly great.

I did them on my last M3, in Brass Monkey. really came out well except one area I kind of thinned out on coverage. That was my first time so a few lessons learned. Not difficult at all.

Your car looks great. But needs to be lowered! ;)

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC