Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hyperdip Gloss, 19" gemini rims refinished.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sharing pics of hyperdip black emerald, took me about 6-8 light coats. Also used the amazon kit to cover the lug nuts, center cap..

Came out great, the gemini aero covers hiding some nice looking wheels, and saved 2k from the upgraded wheels, with benefit of ride comfort which kept me away from 20".

20210313_171348.jpg

20210313_233413.jpg

20210314_150935.jpg

20210314_150904.jpg

no they give you basically tire dressing so it peels off tire when done, then i got a rag and cleaned it with tire cleaner and all of it came off..

prep was easy, i added a little plastic trash bags on the nearby paint work just in case, set up under 5 mins for all wheels. Cover for rotor and brakes included in kit, less then 5 mins for all wheels. Just watched a few youtube vids for instructions, the company has a how to for hyperdip on YouTube.

Dipped wheels are surprisingly great.

I did them on my last M3, in Brass Monkey. really came out well except one area I kind of thinned out on coverage. That was my first time so a few lessons learned. Not difficult at all.

Your car looks great. But needs to be lowered! ;)

Looks GREAT!
I'm about to HYPERDIP my Model Y Geminis
I'm mildly obsessed with all their videos.

QUESTION - How was the coverage on all the metal BEHIND the rims?
Curious if you're pleased with how it covered back there.
thanks.

A little off topic - Sorry but,

Will Gemini wheels fit on my MYP?

They look pretty good on your car and sooner or later I'm going to need a set of winter wheels/tires.

Yes, most of my MYP friends have dumped the 21” and replaced them with the LR AWD 19’s. A push of a button and they get the lost range back too. I have a friend trying to sell his 21” wheels/tires and TPMS if anyone is interested. Too many positive benefits by switching to the 19’s.

tried to hyperdip the logos, complete failure! I have the wheel kit too, but I don't dare, too much time and possibility of failure. I got a bunch of bubbles on the front logo and the back logo kept accumulating paint at the corners of the T.

tried to hyperdip the logos, complete failure! I have the wheel kit too, but I don't dare, too much time and possibility of failure. I got a bunch of bubbles on the front logo and the back logo kept accumulating paint at the corners of the T.

Sorry to hear, I had the same fear so took it very slow where every single one of my coats was light I was too scared to go heavy how they recommend in their videos after a few light coats. I had one spot I went heavy and got runs so made sure to just keep doing it light and came out great.

Looks GREAT!
I'm about to HYPERDIP my Model Y Geminis
I'm mildly obsessed with all their videos.

QUESTION - How was the coverage on all the metal BEHIND the rims?
Curious if you're pleased with how it covered back there.
thanks.
So I made sure to cover the important stuff brakes caliper etc. but tried to leave some room for spray to get into the back area. I could have done a lot better but it's hard to see unless you crouch and specifically look at that area, from small distance back you won't notice it, and now less due to the dust that accumulates back there.