Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HyperVolt Charge Points [megathread]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There is an imminent update which fixes the Wifi issues which only seem to be affecting Hypervolts purchased in March. Their Facebook page is really active on things like this and they keep everyone in the loop really well on there.
Thanks for the info, not on Facebook so looks like I'm missing all the info. Mine's lost connection again (since 4 days ago) so will power-cycle it, I've not seen anywhere where it reports the current software/firmware version so not sure how you know it's been updated anyway (unless I've missed it), Hypervolt still haven't replied to my e-mail of 4 days ago either.

Thanks for the info, not on Facebook so looks like I'm missing all the info. Mine's lost connection again (since 4 days ago) so will power-cycle it, I've not seen anywhere where it reports the current software/firmware version so not sure how you know it's been updated anyway (unless I've missed it), Hypervolt still haven't replied to my e-mail of 4 days ago either.
Might have spoken too soon here - mine has lost connection again so maybe I didn't receive any update and it was just coincidence that it stayed connected for a day or two?

They didn't respond to the message I left on their answerphone last weekend so starting to feel their support is getting overwhelmed now that they have more sales?

Might have spoken too soon here - mine has lost connection again so maybe I didn't receive any update and it was just coincidence that it stayed connected for a day or two?

They didn't respond to the message I left on their answerphone last weekend so starting to feel their support is getting overwhelmed now that they have more sales?
I emailed them a week last Thursday over my issue with the connector not locking in properly. I didn’t receive a reply after seven days so I emailed them again two days ago. Still no reply. In the meantime I’ve also had the issue with loss of connection needing a reboot to restore it.

One of the main reasons I bought a Hypervolt was because of the rave reviews of their support and customer service. It would be a real shame if increased sales mean they can no longer offer this, especially as one of the main reasons for choosing Hypervolt would no longer exist.

I emailed them a week last Thursday over my issue with the connector not locking in properly. I didn’t receive a reply after seven days so I emailed them again two days ago. Still no reply. In the meantime I’ve also had the issue with loss of connection needing a reboot to restore it.

One of the main reasons I bought a Hypervolt was because of the rave reviews of their support and customer service. It would be a real shame if increased sales mean they can no longer offer this, especially as one of the main reasons for choosing Hypervolt would no longer exist.
I talked to their support again yesterday. They had started releasing the update in limited numbers, and it would be released to all chargers at some point over the weekend. I was told it should be fixed by Monday morning and to call back then if not.

Reactions: WhiteHartMart
Yea - I really don't know if I've been updated or not. Mine is still dropping off the network after a few hours of uptime so assume I haven't got it yet. I've tried reaching Hypervolt (to use their supposedly excellent support) but get an answerphone service on which I've left two messages with no reply.

Must admit, I'm not massively impressed with my first two weeks' experience with their £650 device but then I might just be unlucky.

Yea - I really don't know if I've been updated or not. Mine is still dropping off the network after a few hours of uptime so assume I haven't got it yet. I've tried reaching Hypervolt (to use their supposedly excellent support) but get an answerphone service on which I've left two messages with no reply.

Must admit, I'm not massively impressed with my first two weeks' experience with their £650 device but then I might just be unlucky.
Had similar unimpressed thoughts initially but they will eventually sort things out and the charger will become reliable after this teething stage hopefully just like mine

Reactions: WhiteHartMart
Mine has started working this morning, although if it has done a firmware update it was very small <1MB, which seems unlikely.(I can see the network usage on my router). I suspect that a server side change at Hypervolt has got mine working. I'll have to wait and see how reliable it is.

It looks like no charging data has been captured while it wasn't connecting.

I only had the charger for less than a week and its been nothing but trouble. Connection via the app is pretty much useless so hoping that they will fix it via the firmware update. Hypervolt needs to improve their app to make it easier to see firmware number and update initiated by user than pushed.

In addition to this, their analytics/charging stats in the app is frankly a joke as numbers don't align between tabs and multiplication of numbers seem to be wrong as well. And charging stats don't align with what the Tesla's app says. For ex, if you compare Last Session stats between Hypervolt and Tesla apps, I'm sure you will find them different. Anyone noticed difference in charging stats (kwH and £) between HV and Tesla apps?

The Tesla app rounds up doesn’t it? Might explain the difference
It appears to, yesterday I did 4KWh at 5p/KWh and the tesla app called that £1.

Also does the tesla app show the amount of power consumed or the amount added to the battery? The ac/dc conversion won't be 100% efficient, so Hypervolt may show more power consumed than tesla shows added to the battery.

Reactions: Adopado
It appears to, yesterday I did 4KWh at 5p/KWh and the tesla app called that £1.

Also does the tesla app show the amount of power consumed or the amount added to the battery? The ac/dc conversion won't be 100% efficient, so Hypervolt may show more power consumed than tesla shows added to the battery.
You're probably right that HV kWh should ideally be higher than Tesla's and Tesla app seems to round up to nearest £ but Hypervolt calculation is all over the place.

I only had the charger for less than a week and its been nothing but trouble. Connection via the app is pretty much useless so hoping that they will fix it via the firmware update. Hypervolt needs to improve their app to make it easier to see firmware number and update initiated by user than pushed.

In addition to this, their analytics/charging stats in the app is frankly a joke as numbers don't align between tabs and multiplication of numbers seem to be wrong as well. And charging stats don't align with what the Tesla's app says. For ex, if you compare Last Session stats between Hypervolt and Tesla apps, I'm sure you will find them different. Anyone noticed difference in charging stats (kwH and £) between HV and Tesla apps?
I haven’t compared the Tesla and Hypervolt apps but you’re right about numbers not aligning between tabs on the Hypervolt app. My last charge shows 12Kw on the “charger” tab and 19 Kw on the “Energy Usage” tab.

I’m beginning to wish I’d ignored those who spoke so highly of Hypervolt. Every new product will have teething problems but issues like Wi-Fi connectivity should have been ironed out months ago. And the fact that the pins in the charge point don’t lock properly on my Hypervolt connector means my car restricts the charge rate to 4Kw. I need it to be sorted.

I haven’t compared the Tesla and Hypervolt apps but you’re right about numbers not aligning between tabs on the Hypervolt app. My last charge shows 12Kw on the “charger” tab and 19 Kw on the “Energy Usage” tab.
And if you multiply the kWh number you would have entered in the app with your numbers: 12kWh and 19kWh, I'm pretty sure there will be calculation errors and mis-alignment - what your calculator says vs. what HV app's tabs say. Worth checking.
I’m beginning to wish I’d ignored those who spoke so highly of Hypervolt. Every new product will have teething problems but issues like Wi-Fi connectivity should have been ironed out months ago. And the fact that the pins in the charge point don’t lock properly on my Hypervolt connector means my car restricts the charge rate to 4Kw. I need it to be sorted.
I couldn't agree more as the experience is contrary to rave reviews. HV's so called "computer" inside is a bog standard raspberry pi with USB wifi dongle so making connection reliable should be easy but sadly thats not the case.

They say the analytics function should be working shortly but it got delayed because of the WiFi connectivity issue for units delivered from March that have different hardware.

The kWh readings seems to be accurate on mine but it’s not calculating costs currently. The data is all there in the backend apparently. The hardware has been solid on mine but software is definitely a bit beta at the moment though.

The recent connectivity issues are unfortunate. I know lots of people have also had issues on older units like mine but it almost always down to rubbish WiFi signal/configuration or poor internet hardware.

Mine has been rock solid even though it’s on the edge of the range of my access point but that comes with having good access points.