Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hyundai’s Handling of the WLTP debarcle

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
not sure if people realise but both Hyundai and Kia have had to downgrade the WLTP range of the Kona and E-Nero, due to a faulty testing procedure

It’s reduced the WLTP rated range of the Kona from 299 to 279 miles

Does not affect the Nero so much as they have not sold any at all yet

But for the Kona with cars being paid for and delivered a different matter

Personally I can get the old WLTP range without too much effort the downgrade just makes it an everyday range now.

So Hyundai advised customers by email of the downgrade and said to call them with any questions.

On calling to discuss they straight away confirmed that this was a material change on the advertised features so they would accept customer requests to reject the car and refund

Not a chance of that... you can claw the keys out of my cold dead hands ;-)

They said to say sorry there were several options. Either a free accessory from the online store. The best of these would be a £399 roof box. Or some free servicing

As we had mats and would not use a roof box (I am 5ft 3 I would need a ladder to reach it.
We went with servicing

As we were already over 10k miles they are covering 5 services from 20k miles onwards. A £700 total value

I think they have handled this well coming forward straight away to make owners aware of the issue

I doubt anyone will reject the car due to this. It at least they put the option there no quibble