Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hyundai Ionic 6 EV sedan/hatch? leaked early by Motor Trend in full

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Link is dead (because they jumped the gun) but images live forever :)

2024-Hyundai-Ioniq-6-Electric-Car-7.jpeg

2024-Hyundai-Ioniq-6-Electric-Car-10.jpeg

2024-Hyundai-Ioniq-6-Electric-Car-3.jpeg
2024-Hyundai-Ioniq-6-Electric-Car-1.jpeg

2024-Hyundai-Ioniq-6-Electric-Car-4.jpeg

There’s a couple of videos (Top Gear and Auto-Trader on YouTube) with decent exterior and interior views - just watched both and am seriously considering cancelling my M3P and pre ordering one. Not sure on the side view from the rear wheel backwards - looks a little droopy / melted but the rest looks superb (Porsche like as said above). They reckon the UK list price will be upwards of £40k and probably about £3-£5k more than the Ioniq 5 (like for like battery and motors). Only problem now is, can I bring myself to order a Hyundai?

Reactions: TomT
I just saw a video of this car and purely based on appearance I'm not digging it. To me it looks like a Chevy Lumina front grafted onto a rear that's a cross gone wrong between a Porsche 911 and Mercedes EQS.

I actually liked the Ioniq5 quite a bit and perhaps the Ioniq6 will look better in person when I see it, but pictures and videos I've seen so far is not doing it for me.

I'm not the biggest fan of the side view, but I really like the front and rear shots. I'm really curious what the GT version of this will look like.

Overall, I think it looks spectacular. If I could get something like this, in a 2-door coupe (ala the 2 series coupe), I'd probably get rid of M3P. I'm really curious to see what the Ioniq 7 will look like.

Last edited:
I like it.

Overall, it's a step in the right direction.

It has a drag coefficient of 0.21. More range from your battery @ 70 mph. Very desirable for road trips.

Model Y and Model 3 have drag coefficient of 0.23.

Looking forward to more information on this one. Hyundai add say it will be available on a limited basis.
We need more production capacity from all the manufacturers.