Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hyundai Ioniq 5

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
and there's the answer, most people do not ever exceed 200 miles per day of driving, on the rare long distance trips the charging networks are becoming more accessible and reliable.
the range race to more and more range is a bit foolish.
I doubt very much that most people never exceed 200 miles per day, do you have a source for that?
It's certainly true that most people don't drive more than 200 miles per day very often, more than a few times per year, but when they do, changing a 4 hour trip into over a 5 hour trip is very unwelcome. Additionally, most CCS charger stations only have 1 or 2 charging ports so on holidays you may well wait quite a while. And, that's assuming the chargers are running which they often are not.
As more an more people buy non-Teslas, I think there's going to be some real horror stories.

Reactions: henderrj
They eventually learn how to push the button to open the door, right? I think Tesla started putting little graphics on the door button.

Yes they eventually learn but usually have to be told, especially the first time. I bought stickers to put on the door handles to make it more obvious. Really shouldn’t have to do that - it’s an example of tech for the sake of tech rather than usability / practicality. Like the glovebox.

Reactions: HumanInput
Re above post, not a chance! Just like Polestar, another limited import numbers quota car for the US, sold only in select states:

Available in Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Illinois, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Texas, Vermont, Virginia, and Washington.

MY has sold more than 200k in North American alone. M3 still sells hundreds of thousands a year.

I think we'll see VW id.4, Ford Mustang, Ioniq 5, BMW iX4, and the others fighting for second, third, fourth, ...etc... places.

Watched an overview of this today. Coming from a Model 3 Owner, former Raven Model X owner, and taking delivery of a Model Y in the next month, Tesla is about to get stomped.

The Ioniq 5 may very well be my next car and is the best looking EV to date. Have had my P85+ for 5 years but just listed it for sale. Love Tesla and the supercharging network, but have noticed that their service has gone downhill as I expected once they came out with the Model 3. The Ioniq 5 is one of the sexiest and coolest cars I have seen in a long time. It has pushed the design envelope in areas that are typically ignored (like wheel arches, headlight strip, etc). I would like a Cybertruck but it realistically is not going to come out soon enough for me so the Ioniq 5 may be in the cards. Having owned an EV for a number of years I know how I drive and how much range I realistically need so the range part does not concern me. Also, I know the Hyundai customer service will be top notch especially for early adopters and so there is a real incentive to support Hyundai in their EV push.