Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I’m so disappointed with the service center on my new MY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
same here, went to Tesla Torrance Service center, they fixed the delivery issues we had on the vehicle. The Arm rest in the back had a scratch in the leather and they didn't have the part in stock, so they placed it on order. It came in stock a couple weeks later. They made an appointment for us on their end to replace it and today they are telling me management cant recall agreeing to fix and replace it so it would have to be paid for? LMAO what, so took the car in service for no reason for an appointment they made on their end, to end up with no repair. They're hilarious for how they handle these situations at times, when they clearly know their cars almost all of them are being delivered with blemishes and problems a brand new car should never have. (I've had over 8 of them since 2015).

same here, went to Tesla Torrance Service center, they fixed the delivery issues we had on the vehicle. The Arm rest in the back had a scratch in the leather and they didn't have the part in stock, so they placed it on order. It came in stock a couple weeks later. They made an appointment for us on their end to replace it and today they are telling me management cant recall agreeing to fix and replace it so it would have to be paid for? LMAO what, so took the car in service for no reason for an appointment they made on their end, to end up with no repair. They're hilarious for how they handle these situations at times, when they clearly know their cars almost all of them are being delivered with blemishes and problems a brand new car should never have. (I've had over 8 of them since 2015).
Did you take photos when you submit your service request? If you took it on your phone it should have a date the photo was taken. Show them that it was the same day/within a day or two of picking up and prior to your first service. That really does suck though.

My backrest adjuster button on the driver side broke when I was getting PPF installed. The installer said it was loose and I assume it was already cracked and when they went to move the chair (since I only set my position once so didn't notice it was loose) it must have broken. I'm worried they're going to try and charge me but we shall see.

Did you take photos when you submit your service request? If you took it on your phone it should have a date the photo was taken. Show them that it was the same day/within a day or two of picking up and prior to your first service. That really does suck though.

My backrest adjuster button on the driver side broke when I was getting PPF installed. The installer said it was loose and I assume it was already cracked and when they went to move the chair (since I only set my position once so didn't notice it was loose) it must have broken. I'm worried they're going to try and charge me but we shall see.
it was such a non issue and no brainer to me that I dint even think to take a picture, lesson learned. From now I will take a picture and document every little issue no matter what. Wether or not they approved it for repair at some point or not. Always get it in writing unfortunately.

• Informative
Reactions: kadify
it was such a non issue and no brainer to me that I dint even think to take a picture, lesson learned. From now I will take a picture and document every little issue no matter what. Wether or not they approved it for repair at some point or not. Always get it in writing unfortunately.
It really is too bad that is the point we're at. I completely forgot to take a video/pictures of my car this morning when I dropped it off. I'm hoping that doesn't come back to bite me later.

I am having similar issues with my Y, with two trips to the SC to resolve delivery issues. I am waiting for my 3rd appointment, which this time is at a Tesla owned body shop. Each time my Y was given back to my they fixed, or partially fixed issues, but caused new ones. (paint issues (overspray, new chip, making door alignments worse, etc.) I still enjoy the car, just less when I notice the issues. I kick myself for not rejecting delivery and trying again.

Ditto... I had very similar issues (+ paint pool defect & damaged parts, fortunately no new chips). The work was performed by a Tesla approved shop. I dreaded getting my car back because it had something new that wasn’t there before. At one SC appt, they chipped my screen protector but I didn’t notice when I picked it up. At least I had it on, otherwise my screen would have been damaged too. I too, kick myself for not rejecting this delivery (2nd). I should have waited for the 3rd since QC improved a fair bit from 1 to 2.