Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I’m going square on my MYP

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did you get your wheels OP? I am in the same boat - just took delivery of 22 MYP. Love the TY115 but man $$$$.

The 255/40/R20 are the stock diameter but they look on the skinny side. What got me here was that I don't love the Uberturbines and they are rash magnets. Do all the 21" options present the same problem?

II want more options!

Did you get your wheels OP? I am in the same boat - just took delivery of 22 MYP. Love the TY115 but man $$$$.

The 255/40/R20 are the stock diameter but they look on the skinny side. What got me here was that I don't love the Uberturbines and they are rash magnets. Do all the 21" options present the same problem?

II want more options!
I have received my tires but I have not received the wheels yet they are still on back order

Can anybody who has already done this swap to squared 20" wheels + 275/40 tires.. report back if your wh/mi has gone UP or DOWN??

While it would be awesome to get some specific numbers.. like say you average 340wh/mi before on a typical 30mile drive you commonly do.. but now avg 325wh/mi on that same 30-mile drive.. I'm just looking for any frame of reference now. As you can tell.. im hoping wh/mi goes down, as efficiency goes up.. thanks to a 10-15lb lighter aftermarket wheel/tire setup. I already know performance will increase.. and looking forward to 0-60 times around 3.3 seconds (0.2sec quicker than stock).

At some point, I'll probably upgrade to the 2022 MYP.. really waiting on Austin build + 4680 cells.. but my plan is to pretty much immediately take off the 21" Ultraturbines and sell them. While immediately fitting the 20" TS5 + 275/40 Michelin Pilot A/S4's.

Ongoing 275/40/20 thread here with a bunch of owner pix and feedback. 👀

Ongoing 275/40/20 thread here with a bunch of owner pix and feedback. 👀

Thank you sir!!

Reactions: NJturtlePower