Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I’m looking to buy a tesla...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I want to buy a tesla on the cheap. Don’t care about the year, miles, options, I just a tesla. I’ll take an S, X, or Roadster. I really don’t care. Message me if you are looking to sell, and for how much. Thanks!

While not cheap I could be convinced to part with my 1.5/3.0 Roadster for $90K. It still has 35 months left on new battery warranty. My last range charge was 351 miles. And at the track does the 1/4 in 13.0 and 107mph. Faster than when it was new.

I have virtually every upgrade and adapter including sound reduction 1 and 2. As you can see from the price I am not a motivated seller as I love the car. But you asked.

Unfortunately my max is 20k. I know that sounds insane, but I have actually managed to find a few in that range that are actually quite nice.

That sounds low even for a 2012 Model S. Have you seen and touched them? When I was searching for a used S, I noticed no shortage of scammers on Craigslist, and even their fake ads asked more than 20K :). Perhaps if the car had 150K+ miles and a rebuilt title. Be careful and happy hunting.

Yeah. I know. And trust me, it sucks. It’s funny how money is so powerful and controlling lol.
I highly doubt that you'll find any Tesla for around $20K unless it's been wrecked and you need to repair it. Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but your price range is simply unrealistic. Can't have champagne taste with beer budget...Trust me, I had to learn that quickly when I got my S.

Reactions: dhrivnak
I really don't mean to be rude, and probably should keep my opinion/comments to myself, but I just can't help it.
"High school"
"No money"
"Friends that can work on it real cheap" (Nope, there's no such thing on a Tesla)
It just sounds like at this point and time, a Tesla is unfortunately not in your near future. Even if you do find one in that price range (you won't), it will be so beat up, it will cost you a fortune to fix anything, and will not be a good Tesla experience.
I am glad that you want to go EV, may I suggest a lease on a Bolt, or the 20k budget will also get you into a very decent i3 (just make sure that you get a rex). Those are amazing cars in that price range.
Another option would be to have someone cosign for you on a lease, and you'll be able to get into a brand new, loaded Tesla for around $24k for 2 years. And do take into account that insurance, at your age, will probably be hovering close to 400-500 a month, and that whether you buy or lease. Or ultimately save that 20k for a down payment on a 3, should make for low monthly payments.
Good luck in your search, do keep us updated.