Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I’m new! And having issues with Tesla customer support.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello everyone,

My system was installed on 30 Jan. Paid immediately. Last week the power company installed my new meter. Awaiting PTO.

The issue I’m have is the day the installers came out I discussed that we want all of our conduit run inside the attic. So they did a calculation and figured out the increased cost. They submitted that change despite the fact that I told them of this desire during our first home visit and or purchase agreement already had a line item for hidden conduit. $1k.
It was explained to me the change would come to my email shortly after it was submitted for me to approve. The change finally came to my email after la week or so after everything was installed.
In addition to the change I also received a “new” increased overall price for my system. I’m nervous if I accept the change now they will try to charge me again. Anyone have any thing like this happen to them?

thanks

Hello everyone,

My system was installed on 30 Jan. Paid immediately. Last week the power company installed my new meter. Awaiting PTO.

The issue I’m have is the day the installers came out I discussed that we want all of our conduit run inside the attic. So they did a calculation and figured out the increased cost. They submitted that change despite the fact that I told them of this desire during our first home visit and or purchase agreement already had a line item for hidden conduit. $1k.
It was explained to me the change would come to my email shortly after it was submitted for me to approve. The change finally came to my email after la week or so after everything was installed.
In addition to the change I also received a “new” increased overall price for my system. I’m nervous if I accept the change now they will try to charge me again. Anyone have any thing like this happen to them?

thanks
If I understand correctly, what you already paid for included the extra $1000 conduit charge but they sent a new agreement adding another $1000 charge on top of that? Regardless, I would not sign anything until your advisor clears things up. Would also contact the installer(s) as they're generally better at resolving issues.

Btw, 7+ months to get PTO sounds absolutely atrocious even by Tesla standards.

If I understand correctly, what you already paid for included the extra $1000 conduit charge but they sent a new agreement adding another $1000 charge on top of that? Regardless, I would not sign anything until your advisor clears things up. Would also contact the installer(s) as they're generally better at resolving issues.

Btw, 7+ months to get PTO sounds absolutely atrocious even by Tesla standards.
July not Jan. Stupid fat finger

The day of the install, I asked them if they'd run the conduit through the attic instead of on the outside. They agreed and did so without any extra cost provided that I cut access they needed in the ceiling so they didn't have to crawl 50+ feet back and fourth through the ladder entry in the garage. I had to repair the access I cut myself for them to agree to do this without any contract change.