Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I’m starting to drive like *sugar* without Autopilot

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

mswlogo

Aug 27, 2018
NH
I had to take my Volt on a few long trips (due to lack of SC). I found myself all over the road. Sometimes just forgetting the car doesn’t keep lane and other times just weaker muscle memory.

Navigate on Autopilot with no confirm is really getting pretty good. Still sucks at exchanges though. Gets in right lane (exit lane) way to late and comes into ramp way to fast. It also often aborts Navigate on Autopilot just as I’m hitting their ramp. It’s like it knows it messed up and says here you do it.

But passing, merging and not to much phantom braking is coming along.

CX-9 has lane keeping but it doesn't auto correct when you get close to the edges. Steering wheel is just vibrating. If you take your hands off steering wheel for a while, you will receive warning on infotainment display.
I have 2019 Signature.
I also expect to pickup my Model X sometime next month.

• Informative
Reactions: EinSV and scottf200
Agree Completely. Just recently gave up on my 2015 P85D and after 40 miles in a 2020 Lexus I asked the dealer to take it back. I couldn't believe how much more stress I experienced than the MS. Will get a new MS when the newer battery technology gets sorted out (CATL).

add one of these to your Volt - for a thousand bucks & it'll keep lane;
Cheaper than your basic AP too

Yes, I’ve seen those. They look cool, not sure how much I should trust it though. I trust Tesla basically on the basis of the massive numbers of cars running successfully on AutoPilot.

Maybe after they sell a million I’ll consider it ;)