Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I’m still on 2021.4.18 and I have FSD. Should I update?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I’m on this old version because the highway autopilot has been very predictable, radar, 90mph autopilot, no interior camera, now no cheat device detection, and previous UI.

I have FSD but Tesla is offering 2022.44.30.5.

If I cover the camera during highway driving (plane old NOA or not) will I get ridiculous nags or locked out?

If you were on my version and really like highway AP but could care less about city driving FSD would you stay?

.....If I cover the camera during highway driving (plane old NOA or not) will I get ridiculous nags or locked out?....
21.4.18 are you a luddite?

Screenshot 2023-01-04 at 6.26.52 PM.png

Don't upgrade. Stay on that version as long as possible. Understand that you will likely not be able to take your car into service as there are several NHTSA recalls since then that were fixed with OTA updates, so service will likely require you to update in order to satisfy those recalls. There is also a chance that Tesla could force updates over cellular if required by regulators.

You won't be happy with the current versions.

Don't upgrade. Stay on that version as long as possible. Understand that you will likely not be able to take your car into service as there are several NHTSA recalls since then that were fixed with OTA updates, so service will likely require you to update in order to satisfy those recalls. There is also a chance that Tesla could force updates over cellular if required by regulators.

You won't be happy with the current versions.

Thanks i’ll hang tight until FSD truly works

Reactions: KArnold and Dewg