Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I’ve lost my 3 and it won’t wake up

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I parked my car on the side of a road at a fire trail entrance and went for a long hike. I got myself all turned around and lost trying to get back to where I started. And the Tesla App can’t find my car. I called Tesla emergency service and they said the car is asleep. Will the car wake up? Should I just leave my phone on and the App open? The app says the car was last “seen” two days ago, but I have driven it a few times in the last few days.

Attachments

• 0647352A-C3F1-4796-B0C0-CEB653C4283D.jpeg
    0647352A-C3F1-4796-B0C0-CEB653C4283D.jpeg
    90 KB · Views: 100
  • Informative
Reactions: KenC
I parked my car on the side of a road at a fire trail entrance and went for a long hike. I got myself all turned around and lost trying to get back to where I started. And the Tesla App can’t find my car. I called Tesla emergency service and they said the car is asleep. Will the car wake up? Should I just leave my phone on and the App open? The app says the car was last “seen” two days ago, but I have driven it a few times in the last few days.
You sure the car is in an area with cell service?

Where are you now? If you are still in the woods and are lost maybe you should call the police or fire department?

Maybe try getting the car to blow it’s horn?

Reactions: Stach and Watts_Up
I had this issue once when I parked my car at a random location in Berlin and then went on a walking tour. When the tour finished the car wouldn't wake up, Tesla didn't answer the phone (and by reading your story they wouldn't be able to do anything anyway) and I had to go by visual cues from my (already jumbled) memory. I was so happy when I found it back 🙃 Now I always share my location on whatsapp whenever I park in unfamiliar territory.

Reactions: David Sowden
I had this issue once when I parked my car at a random location in Berlin and then went on a walking tour. When the tour finished the car wouldn't wake up, Tesla didn't answer the phone (and by reading your story they wouldn't be able to do anything anyway) and I had to go by visual cues from my (already jumbled) memory. I was so happy when I found it back 🙃 Now I always share my location on whatsapp whenever I park in unfamiliar territory.
Or mark a pin in Google maps. That way it’s available in case you lose cell reception. GPS should still work enough to tell direction when on a hike.

But sharing location in WhatsApp is also a good idea to let others know in case of an emergency.

Reactions: David Sowden
Although you already spoke with Tesla, you can try a force close on the app (Android). Once in a awhile my app does not wake the Tesla, yet it does if I force close the app and start it again.

Also if you have Android you may be able to go into Google maps and check your history (Timeline).

I am not lost. My husband came and picked me up and I am home now. I recall parking it in a residential neighborhood. I had no problem with connectivity while on my hike.

I’m fine. I found a fire station and took an Uber home

(moderator note)

These two statements, made very close to each other in this thread, give two completely different accounts for "how OP got home". Unless there is an explanation for this discrepancy soon, I will be locking this thread, because this makes this appear as if false statements are being made for some reason.

(moderator note)

These two statements, made very close to each other in this thread, give two completely different accounts for "how OP got home". Unless there is an explanation for this discrepancy soon, I will be locking this thread, because this makes this appear as if false statements are being made for some reason.
Uhm, have you considered that her husband is an Uber driver?

• Funny
Reactions: BnGrm and dduffey
Uhm, have you considered that her husband is an Uber driver?

That brings to mind the fairly famous "mini mind bender" riddle below (which Is similar to your question above):

========================================

“A boy was brought into a hospital after a terrible car crash. He needed emergency brain surgery. The neurosurgeon took one look at the patient and said “I can’t operate on the boy. He’s my son.” Yet the doctor was not the boy’s father. How could that be?

========================================

Im sure most know the answer to this at this point, its just what came to mind to me when you posted this question, @KenC

Last edited:
  • Funny
I notice in your screenshot the battery symbol is yellow indicating iPhone Low Power Mode. I never use Low Power Mode because I have found that many apps don't work correctly. I wonder if turning off Low Power Mode would allow the app to wake up the car.

• Informative
Status
Not open for further replies.