Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I’ve started accessories shopping! Anything else I should get?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I went on Amazon this morning, and already purchased over $300 in accessories. But I separated my shopping cart into four sections, so I still have another $900 worth of things to buy! 😂😂😂

anything else I should look into?

Attachments

• 7E207F00-4306-4335-922D-055678E9F1A0.jpeg
    7E207F00-4306-4335-922D-055678E9F1A0.jpeg
    203 KB · Views: 183
Inside: screen protector, windshield sun shade, glass roof sun shade, front console cup holder liner, under seat storage tray, cargo floor liner, trunk organizer, cargo privacy cover
Outside: mud flaps, paint protection film (at a minimum get PPF for the rear doors)

• Informative
Reactions: CSTARZZ
Inside: screen protector, windshield sun shade, glass roof sun shade, front console cup holder liner, under seat storage tray, cargo floor liner, trunk organizer, cargo privacy cover
Outside: mud flaps, paint protection film (at a minimum get PPF for the rear doors)
screen protector, cup holder liners, cargo liner i have in another shopping cart.
Sun stuff im going to pass on, since im tinting the whole car, even the roof and windshield.

That PPF is super expensive isnt it?

The Tesla PPF kit for the rear doors is $50. (Currently sold out but you can enter your email and Tesla will notify you when the PPF becomes available.) Abstract Ocean (AO) also sells a similar PPF kit for the rear doors.

Even with tint on the glass roof a mesh fabric roof sunshade is super easy to install and helps diffuse the direct rays of the sun - $50.

From Tesla, I bought the PPF to protect the rear doors and OEM mud flaps for the front (note the Tesla mud flaps will scrap over some speed bumps).

From Amazon, I got a couple USB-C to lightning cables, a center console tray, and the Spigen matte screen protector to reduce glare.

I bough the rear seat vent protectors from this listing on etsy. They were a bit cheaper than Amazon and other Tesla accessory sellers, and snap in rather than using adhesive strips. (Once installed you'll never see them again.)

From Tesmanian, I bought the Model Y floor mat full set.

I bought the drawtite hitch and harness

abstract ocean led footwell and door lights in blue so awesome :)

from rpm I got the carbon look chin spoiler and mirror caps

I want a carbon rear spoiler that doesn’t peel off like oem, carbon steering wheel, and coil overs and floor liners

Model 3 Accessories
1.Road Comfort floor mats
2.Door Switch Opener labels
3.Bandit License plate holder
4.Frontend, rocker panel wrap Xpel PPF (must have)
5.Console Wrap matted black
6.Top windshield noise reduction kit
7.Small air compressor
8.Porsche 911 scissor jack
9.Jack Pads
10.Flat tire plug kit
11.Bloc Wheel spacers 15mm & 20mm
12.Testap wireless phone charger
13.Console cup mats
14.Tray organizers for center console
15.XM Satellite Radio
16.Two USB Y splitters
17.TeslaCam & Music Memory cards
18.CHAdeMO Adaptor
19.Wheel Caps w/ Tesla center cap
20.Auto Frunk mod
21.Auto Trunk mod
22.Aluminum brake & gas peddles
23.Three 12v Cigarette socket with USB unit
24.Ohmus 12 volt battery
25.Frunk Mat
26.Tesla Wall Charger
27.Suma Performance side mirrors
28.LED Puddle/Trunk light Upgrade Kit
29.New Adjustable Screen Mount
30.Air Protection Decorative Cover Flow Vent
31.Sun Shades
32.Center Console LED light
33.Evannex Red brake caliper covers
34.Aero Hubcap bag
35.Car Cover
36.OEM 18” Aero spare tire
37.Taptes USB Hub
38.500GB SSD Driive
39.Car Door lock covers
40.Inside cabin Cam privacy cover.
41.Aero hubcap storage bag.
42.21mm Lug Socket w/Breaker bar.
43.LCD light strip for the trunk
44.Two rear seat ambient USB blue floor lights
45.Two ambient blue color cup inserts

I stopped updating this list so there’s more like the Vinyl License Plate wrap etc.

You spent 300.00 so far, Item #24 alone is $450.00

Fred

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: digid80 and CSTARZZ
Get some sort of tray organizer for the console and armrest storage - otherwise they're just big deep holes. Also cup holder inserts, otherwise the ones there are too big. You probably want a USB-C to lightning cable or USB-C to USB adapter too (if not more than one). I don't know if you'll need any charging plug adapters - I got one so I can plug into a NEMA 14-50 outlet at my cottage. And I got floor mats. My MY came with mud flaps and PPF on the back somehow, so I didn't need those. And I got a Tesla RFID ring (https://www.teslaring.com/) so I can use my ring as a car key.

Model 3 Accessories
1.Road Comfort floor mats
2.Door Switch Opener labels
3.Bandit License plate holder
4.Frontend, rocker panel wrap Xpel PPF (must have)
5.Console Wrap matted black
6.Top windshield noise reduction kit
7.Small air compressor
8.Porsche 911 scissor jack
9.Jack Pads
10.Flat tire plug kit
11.Bloc Wheel spacers 15mm & 20mm
12.Testap wireless phone charger
13.Console cup mats
14.Tray organizers for center console
15.XM Satellite Radio
16.Two USB Y splitters
17.TeslaCam & Music Memory cards
18.CHAdeMO Adaptor
19.Wheel Caps w/ Tesla center cap
20.Auto Frunk mod
21.Auto Trunk mod
22.Aluminum brake & gas peddles
23.Three 12v Cigarette socket with USB unit
24.Ohmus 12 volt battery
25.Frunk Mat
26.Tesla Wall Charger
27.Suma Performance side mirrors
28.LED Puddle/Trunk light Upgrade Kit
29.New Adjustable Screen Mount
30.Air Protection Decorative Cover Flow Vent
31.Sun Shades
32.Center Console LED light
33.Evannex Red brake caliper covers
34.Aero Hubcap bag
35.Car Cover
36.OEM 18” Aero spare tire
37.Taptes USB Hub
38.500GB SSD Driive
39.Car Door lock covers
40.Inside cabin Cam privacy cover.
41.Aero hubcap storage bag.
42.21mm Lug Socket w/Breaker bar.
43.LCD light strip for the trunk
44.Two rear seat ambient USB blue floor lights
45.Two ambient blue color cup inserts

I stopped updating this list so there’s more like the Vinyl License Plate wrap etc.

You spent 300.00 so far, Item #24 alone is $450.00

Fred
That is some list! I don’t mind buying accessories for my new baby! Thank you so much for the info. First thing when it gets here I putting PPF! They said it was gonna be 5k for just the front and the bottom sides of car.

That is some list! I don’t mind buying accessories for my new baby! Thank you so much for the info. First thing when it gets here I putting PPF! They said it was gonna be 5k for just the front and the bottom sides of car.

Both cars have PPF, front bumper, hood, fenders, mirrors, all front lights and rocker panels, no rock chips & still looks brand new.

Also got Ceramic coating for a quick easy wash.

PPF is a most especially if you drive lots on freeways and there is lots of trucks around you.

Fred

• Informative
What is the tape? You have a link to the lights?
Oh, the tape is called protection film tape it basically goes on the plastic piece in the edge of the floor of the door, pass their feet over the edge, it doesn’t scratch the plastic. It’s also made for the trunk, the lip of the liftgate, so that when you’re putting Things over into your trunk, you won’t scratch that plastic area.

Lithium ion 12v battery, super light and lasts longer than the oem
Hmm .. how much lighter is it ? My oem is 1 yr/ 10k miles old, are they known to fail ?

im all about saving weight ! What’s it cost ? What’s it used for on the car ? Is it powering all the lower level dc stuff like lights and radio and ac ?? I suppose it gets recharged via the main battery ?

also are there any upgrades to sound system ? I know that’s a crazy question as it’s already soooo damn good but it can always be even better :)

Does optima make a gel battery that can go there? Because I know that those last forever, I’m just not sure if the model Y needs a special battery. The reason I ask as well, is because I wanted to upgrade the sub, and add underbody lighting kit

No; the Tesla Model 3, Model Y 12V battery is specifically made by Hankook AtlasBX for Tesla. The 12V battery is a maintenance free (MF) deep cycle lead acid battery, not an AGM battery. The Tesla 12V battery is rated for 45Ah. (The Tesla 12V battery is not expensive at ~$85, perhaps $135 installed by Tesla. You can purchase the Tesla 12V battery from the Tesla Service center.)

You would have difficulty finding another 12V battery that would fit the space and also be rated for 45Ah. The charging circuit is not designed to maintain an AGM battery. One alternative to the Tesla 12V battery is the Ohmmu lithium iron phosphate replacement battery; the Ohmmu battery costs slightly more than $400.

When the Tesla is powered on, or in Camp mode, Dog mode or Sentry mode is active the 12V system is powered by a DC-to-DC converter capable of ~2kW output. The 12V battery maintains essential systems when the Tesla is parked, gets recharged as needed from the main battery. I doubt your light kit or your sub would be a problem provided you can find a place to tap the 12V power. The 12V accessory ports (one in the armrest console, the second port in the left rear corner of the hatch area) are limited to 12A continuous and 16A peak output (I believe this is for both 12V accessory ports combined.)

Last edited:
Reactions: a2t2