Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AEdennis

Jul 23, 2013
Anyone taking I-10 between the Indio Supercharger and Quartzsite Supercharger needs to be aware that a bridge was washed out by the rains today...

Story from Time.com - Part of Interstate 10 Collapses After Heavy Rains in California

or KTLA5 - Bridge Collapses Amid Heavy Rains Near Coachella, Prompting Closure of 10 Freeway | KTLA

Here is the link to the Google Map from the KTLA story... https://www.google.com/maps/place/3...5726,-115.8659598,10z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x0:0x0

Travel safe out there...

cpa

May 17, 2014
Central Valley
AED, I posted the same thing about 30 minutes ago; I did not see anything here when I posted (SORRY--did not mean to steal your thunder.) I posted a couple of work-arounds for those traveling between Arizona and California.

Perhaps the moderators can merge these two stories. :)

AEdennis

Jul 23, 2013
AED, I posted the same thing about 30 minutes ago; I did not see anything here when I posted (SORRY--did not mean to steal your thunder.) I posted a couple of work-arounds for those traveling between Arizona and California.

Perhaps the moderators can merge these two stories. :)

We're both just trying to help fellow forum readers. We'll let mods "do their thing".

AEdennis

Jul 23, 2013
Picture from another KTLA tweet (Chip Yost)

Chip Yost on Twitter:

CKZF4aNVAAAiA2Z.jpg

This one is from the bottom of the bridge section.

ZBB

Emperor
Feb 27, 2013
Scottsdale
Holy crap

And to think I drove over that just 10 days ago...

I wonder how long I-10 will be closed -- the bridge that failed was on the eastbound portion, and westbound is also closed. The westbound bridge was compromised in the flash flood...

tbleakne

Feb 14, 2013
Claremont, CA
From LATimes Tuesday July 21:
http://www.latimes.com/local/california/la-me-el-nino-preview-20150721-story.html#page=1

The severed link was already stranding motorists. One driver making the journey from Arizona to Redondo Beach in an electric car became marooned after exhausting the 270 miles of charge on his Tesla. He was unaware of the freeway closure and lengthy detour.
"It's my fault, not Tesla's fault," said the driver, Neil Pyne, as he waited Monday afternoon for a Tesla technician to bring him a new battery.
It would be nice to see details.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC