TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

I-10 Closed Between Texas & Louisiana [March 15, 2016-March21, 2016]

Discussion in 'Texas' started by bollar, Mar 16, 2016.

1. bollar

bollar Disgruntled Member

FYI, the Sabine River flooding has closed I-10 east & westbound at the Texas / Louisiana state line. Most crossings are impassible as far north as Toledo Bend. TXDOT recommends I-20 to Shreveport then I-49 to Baton Rouge as the alternate (shame we didn't get I-20/I-49 completed last year as promised at one point).

It MAY be possible to go south along the coast (Beaumont, Port Arthur, Holly Beach and then back up to Lake Charles).

The actual closure dates will change - March 21 is the current date on the TXDOT site.

Check with TXDOT: DriveTexas
    and LADOT: Louisiana DOT Traveler Information

2. kort677

kort677 Active Member

another routing to go east could be found by heading east from the Huntsville SC, I used Waze to route me from there to Lake Charles LA via the "backroads" which also allows you to bypass the Houston traffic

3. bollar

No, those routes, with the possible exception of US-190 are all closed. US-190 has opened and closed at one point, but you'd want to stay close to someone local who knows, since that puts you well on a potential one-way trip.

4. purplewalt

purplewalt Active Member

Really will be great when there are multiple Opportunities to travel East.
    I-10 is in, but impassable due to high water

I-20 coming when?
    I-30 ditto
    I-40 ditto

5. bollar

In the North Texas group, one of our members reported success today on the coast road: Beaumont, Port Arthur, Holly Beach and then back up to Lake Charles