Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I-10 milepost 69 new truck stop will have Superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ground was broken Friday, May 29, for a $10 million truck stop development project on Interstate 10 near the Maricopa County line. Avenue 75E LLC plans to build the truck stop on 15.9 acres at the southwest corner of the interchange of I-10 and Avenue 75E.
Becker said the project, when completed, will feature 10 diesel fueling lanes, 24 fueling sites for RVs, cars and small trucks; onsite parking for 50 trucks, 20 RV camping sites, a cellular tower, two Tesla supercharging sites for electric vehicles and a dog park.

Groundbreaking for $10 million truck stop project

Google maps calls it Centennial, AZ but that is not a commonly known name. 69 miles from the California line is probably a more easily understood location description.

• Informative
Reactions: mociaf9
Here’s a location on map. It’s pretty much halfway between Quartzsite and Buckeye
C679F6C4-6F1E-421A-B73C-255D98E47369.jpeg

“Two Tesla Supercharging sites.” That sounds a little off.
You have to realize that that's a paraphrased quote from someone who probably isn't that familiar with charging technicalities. So, there are a couple of reasonable possibilities--1) they were using "Tesla Supercharging" non technically as a generic stand in for DCFC without actually needing to be specific to Teslas. In which case, I would read it as likely 1 supercharger area and 1 non-Tesla DCFC area. 2) they actually meant or said 2 Tesla superchargers and were referring specifically to 2 supercharger cabinets, so 8 V3 stalls. 3) that they had 2 different areas set aside for superchargers or EV charging, but one hadn't yet been chosen as "the" spot. etc.

Whenever you read stories from non-technical or industry publications you shouldn't be surprised by ambiguous or somewhat confusing statements like these. Too many easy ways for things to get mixed up.

We have fun here.

Honestly, it is really great that in less than a year, the over 200 mile stretch between Indio and Buckeye increased from a single site of V1 Superchargers to three sites and a giant expansion in Quartzsite for this weekend. My trip from Phoenix to Anaheim is getting easier and easier.

Reactions: PLUS EV and tmoz