TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

I-26 South Carolina SC's

Discussion in 'Model S: Battery & Charging' started by Jtrader, Jun 28, 2017.

1. Jtrader

Jtrader Member

Why couldn't they put at least one of the 3 SC's on I-26 in South Carolina near the Interstate? All three of them (Greenville, Columbia, Santee) are at least 20 to 50 miles out of the way.

• Like x 1
  2. Electric700

Electric700 Active Member

That would be nice. Perhaps it will happen with Supercharger v3 (350+ kW).

3. ItsNotAboutTheMoney

ItsNotAboutTheMoney Well-Known Member

You can post a suggestion to the Supercharger team.

I think that they had a greater focus on the N-S Interstates and some of the larger cities and it left I-26 a little lonely. Spartanburg, SC to Charleston, SC in the most obvious gap at about 200 miles.

Santee, SC, based on simple Supercharge.info mapping seems to give the least diversion off I-26.

Tesla is planning a Charleston, SC Supercharger that could help trips there and back, but it certainly looks like they need at least one and probably two on I-26 itself becuase of the current large diversions.

Orangeburg, SC (There's a Ruby Tuesday) and Clinton, SC could work to cover the length..

Santee, SC opened end of 2013, and Tesla signs 5-year leases, so end of 2018 they might look to re-site that one or add a 2nd location.

• Informative x 1
  4. zjfk2

zjfk2 Member

Asheville Nc is the only supercharger on I-26. The rest of them require detours. At least asheville is there. Greenville would really be out of the way for I-26 travel. Columbia Sc was the biggest disappoint for me. They could have put it a place where I-26,I-20, and I-77 all had easy access. Instead, its located on I-77 and completely out of the way for I-26 travel. The jump from Asheville to Santee is just too big especially for the uphill return trip. My wife and I have considered taking the Tesla to the Folly Beach, but the lack of access to easy destination charging or supercharger in Charleston along with the crappy placement of superchargers on I-26 just led us to taking the van .

• Like x 1
  5. supratachophobia

supratachophobia Active Member

I personally like the added risk of possibly being murdered at the Santee supercharger. Makes for an interesting trip.

• Funny x 1