Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I-40 through Arkansas?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Try northeast Missouri, southeast Iowa and western Illinois, huge deficit with only rv parks to charge at

The difference is that IA and MO at least have coverage on the Interstate. AR and ND don’t even have coverage on the Interstate. Once Tesla fills in all the Interstates in the US, then I’ll start looking for them to fill in areas of the US that are not satisfied by the Interstate highway system.

The difference is that IA and MO at least have coverage on the Interstate. AR and ND don’t even have coverage on the Interstate. Once Tesla fills in all the Interstates in the US, then I’ll start looking for them to fill in areas of the US that are not satisfied by the Interstate highway system.
Also, in most models, you can make it from say Coralville, IA to Columbia, MO with careful driving. And if you can't, the detour to stay on the supercharger highway isn't as severe. No Teslas can make it from OKC to Little Rock at anywhere near the speed limit and the supercharger highway detours add a ton of time and still require careful driving.

Well, add another disgruntled Little Rock resident to the list.

I'm just now getting into the Tesla scene (been waiting for a bigger/cheaper EV to come out to fit my family needs, so looking at Y or CT in the coming years) only to find that, surprise surprise my state is lagging behind in literally everything (minus rice production)... why do I live here again?

Anyways, looks like visiting my family in Kansas City is going to be a complete pain until they get this corridor of superchargers up and running. Hopefully they will by the time the Y/CT comes out, but since these have been "under construction" for years, I'm not holding my breath. Is there any official way to check the status of these sites?

I'm just now getting into the Tesla scene (been waiting for a bigger/cheaper EV to come out to fit my family needs, so looking at Y or CT in the coming years) only to find that, surprise surprise my state is lagging behind in literally everything (minus rice production)... why do I live here again?

Anyways, looks like visiting my family in Kansas City is going to be a complete pain until they get this corridor of superchargers up and running. Hopefully they will by the time the Y/CT comes out, but since these have been "under construction" for years, I'm not holding my breath. Is there any official way to check the status of these sites?
You can check status of ones that are actually under construction by going to supercharge.info

Sadly nothing new for Arkansas yet. I was really hoping we would have Clarksville or Ft. Smith by the end of this year, but that's not the case. Until there is a SuperCharger at one of those locations, we cannot replace our Volt with a Tesla unless we cough up the $ for the Chademo adapter, which doesn't seem like a good investment to me. If Tesla had the CCS adapter for the Model 3, that would be a valid option.

I think you mean Coming Soon! Nothing in Arkansas is currently under construction.

Also, the LR to KC trip is relatively easy to make in a Tesla right now. You just need to go through Springfield, MO which adds 23 minutes of driving but saves tons of charging time. You'll want to get a long range model to be safe, but that was probably going to be the case anyway if you live in a place like Arkansas.

There is a new Francis Solar CCS/CHAdeMO charger on I-40 at the Interstate Inn 303 W Ray Fine Blvd. Roland OK.
I was told they have a CHAdeMO adapter at the front desk but you should call ahead to check.
This is 183 miles from the OKC Supercharger and 168 miles from the Little Rock Supercharger.
I have not used this new Francis Solar location yet but I have used a similar one in McAlester, OK and charged from 30% to 90% in an hour (44kW) in my LR RWD.

There is a new Francis Solar CCS/CHAdeMO charger on I-40 at the Interstate Inn 303 W Ray Fine Blvd. Roland OK.
I was told they have a CHAdeMO adapter at the front desk but you should call ahead to check.
This is 183 miles from the OKC Supercharger and 168 miles from the Little Rock Supercharger.
I have not used this new Francis Solar location yet but I have used a similar one in McAlester, OK and charged from 30% to 90% in an hour (44kW) in my LR RWD.

...but still a poor substitute for a Supercharger station near Ft Smith.

Reactions: DurandalAI
I'm amazed Tesla hasn't solved this corridor yet. It would even suffice to have the slower 72kw chargers just for enough of a charge to get people to Okc/Tulsa/little Rock.

There has been a coming soon for this corridor since 2015...

The good news, based on Tesla's current Supercharger strategy, is that when they eventually build a Supercharger station near Ft Smith it'll be an 8 bay V3 250KW configuration.

You know it has been this way for the last two years as well.

Yep, I have been monitoring it since middle of 2018 at it has always said coming soon in the current year. I was just posting the info as it was updated. Really the only good news on the map that I saw was the newly planned SC in Denison, TX as that is on my route from my home in Dallas to my family in Fayetteville, AR.

Yep, I have been monitoring it since middle of 2018 at it has always said coming soon in the current year. I was just posting the info as it was updated. Really the only good news on the map that I saw was the newly planned SC in Denison, TX as that is on my route from my home in Dallas to my family in Fayetteville, AR.
They did add two useful SuperChargers for us in Mississippi and I am glad to see the transCanadian Highway done. BUT I40 remains a big hole.

I was told from an employee of the Oklahoma Electric Auto Association that they want to put CHAdeMO adapters at the other I-40 Francis Solar locations under construction between OKC and the border. This means Shawnee and Sallisaw should also get adapters along with Henryetta and Roland. Also the cost of these locations is only about $13 an hour and you can pay directly with a credit card, with no app.

Reactions: DurandalAI