Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I-44 Superchargers in Missouri-maybe talked to the right person finally

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good luck. I think you will be fine. I did Independence->Wichita last year in my 2013 85. No problem. Do watch for headwinds (and thunderstorms) and adjust your speed if necessary.
Thank you and i do appreciate all the feedback..i hope the storms do hold off Friday..did you charge to 90 percent or a 100 percent on your run from independence to wichita

It's been awhile, but thinking about it now, I did the opposite route directly (Wichita->Independence) with a 100% charge and a shopping pit stop in the KC area (not too far off the path to the supercharger, but it did add a few miles to my drive). When I did I->W, I remember, I decided to go through Topeka in order to add a supercharger to my list of visited superchargers. I distinctly remember being annoyed at its location and how many extra miles I had to drive to get there, charge and then get back down to 335 to get to Wichita; I therefore vowed to make the W->I leg direct on my way home. It's at the edge of my range, but I made it just fine as I stated before.

It's been awhile, but thinking about it now, I did the opposite route directly (Wichita->Independence) with a 100% charge and a shopping pit stop in the KC area (not too far off the path to the supercharger, but it did add a few miles to my drive). When I did I->W, I remember, I decided to go through Topeka in order to add a supercharger to my list of visited superchargers. I distinctly remember being annoyed at its location and how many extra miles I had to drive to get there, charge and then get back down to 335 to get to Wichita; I therefore vowed to make the W->I leg direct on my way home. It's at the edge of my range, but I made it just fine as I stated before.
I may just try the independence to wichita if i can..i may need to charge to 100 as well in Independence as my 90d has 21 inch wheels.

We made the independence to wichita just fine..the car charged to 96% even though i had it set to 90 and it suggested going to wichita and not topeka..we got a little tirned around on interstate and it then started to route us to topeka since burnt 5 miles getting turned around but we ignored it and made it with 13 %

it all depends on the wind and the weather. I went from Wichita to Overland Park in the winter on a windy day and had to go 55 most of the way and arrived with less than 10%. on a good spring/summer day it should be fine. if you have the chademo adapter and things look dire there are several chademo stations in southern KC metro area.

• Informative
Reactions: jvonbokel
I didn't have any problems with making the run from Overland Park to the Wichita Supercharger in my P85D and was able to drive around the speed limit the whole way down with morning temperatures in the high 70's to mid 80's. I got a nail in one of my 20" tires the day before leaving, so had to switch back to the original 21" wheels/tires for the trip. On the way back yesterday with temperatures in the high 90's, with a SSW wind of 10-20mph and running the AC (initially set at 77F), I had a few more concerns. The trip consumption screen started out showing I would have 10% left at completion of the trip. As I drove at the speed limit (speed limit on I-35 starts out at 75mph on this leg), the estimate kept going down until it was showing only a 5% buffer. At that point, I slowed down to 70mph, and continued at that speed for most of the remaining trip as I built up some buffer. I also turned off the AC for a while, but once the buffer began recovering I switched it back on. By the time I got back, my buffer had risen to around 17%. Tesla really should consider adding another SC between Wichita and KC.

My trip took me to Oklahoma City, and I had no issues with the other segments of the trip, and no issues with the Perry and OKC Superchargers or their availability.

Last edited:
Can't remember if there's a Springfield, MO specific Supercharger thread, but I have a small update. The "Occupancy Date" for the new Macadoodles is Mid-October and they are anticipating that the Superchargers will be installed (though not clear if they'll be open to the public) a week or two prior to that.

• Love
Reactions: jvonbokel
Can't remember if there's a Springfield, MO specific Supercharger thread, but I have a small update. The "Occupancy Date" for the new Macadoodles is Mid-October and they are anticipating that the Superchargers will be installed (though not clear if they'll be open to the public) a week or two prior to that.

This is the thread linked to from Supercharge.info:
Springfield, MO Supercharger news/rumor

Maybe you couldn't find it because the dumbass who created the thread didn't give it the usual Supercharger - City, ST naming pattern.