TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

I-86 Needed Supercharger Erie,PA -Binghamton, NY

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic' started by gimmi80, Jul 23, 2016.

1. gimmi80

gimmi80 Member

We definitely need a supercharger on the I-86 corridor between Erie,PA and Binghamton,NY.
    Near Corning, NY seems to be the best spot.
    Who is in favor?

2. tnt1971

tnt1971 Member

I agree, but it should be at the intersection of 390 and 86. There is a big hole in the southern tier of western NY.

• Like x 1
  3. gimmi80

gimmi80 Member

for example bath ny?
    180 miles from harrisburgh,pa
    that would work

4. mrElbe

mrElbe Member

That would make the drive from Buffalo to Binghampton shorter without having to go via Syracuse.

5. PatD

PatD Member

Corning seems a good spot as does 86/390. Would love to see one in Williamsport, PA as well. Those two would fill in the middle of PA up through NY nicely.

6. NedBevFan

NedBevFan Member

I bet they put it in horseheads vs Corning, simply because there's more support retail/restaurants there.

7. PatD

PatD Member

How about Painted Post then? I'm just thinking the more interstates you can hit at one spot the better. Painted Post has 86 and 99/15 running through it.

8. gimmi80

gimmi80 Member

Painted Post seems to be a very look location

9. NedBevFan

NedBevFan Member

Looking at painted post, seems to be a couple of "good" hotel/restaurant clusters. One is a Holiday Inn Express with a Denny's and a 7/11 adjacent. The other is a Fairfield Inn with a couple of daytime restaurants. Of the two the HIE would be better with 24/7 food and convenience store.

I used to work in commercial real estate, and I know the area very well. I still think that horseheads with its major retail anchors has more 'draw' and is similar to other sites I've been to.

Another thing to consider is the amount of traffic overall. I86 has to be 'low weighting' simply for that reason. Same thing with I99 and even 1-80.