Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I-86 Needed Supercharger Erie,PA -Binghamton, NY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looking at painted post, seems to be a couple of "good" hotel/restaurant clusters. One is a Holiday Inn Express with a Denny's and a 7/11 adjacent. The other is a Fairfield Inn with a couple of daytime restaurants. Of the two the HIE would be better with 24/7 food and convenience store.

I used to work in commercial real estate, and I know the area very well. I still think that horseheads with its major retail anchors has more 'draw' and is similar to other sites I've been to.

Another thing to consider is the amount of traffic overall. I86 has to be 'low weighting' simply for that reason. Same thing with I99 and even 1-80.

I bet they put it in horseheads vs Corning, simply because there's more support retail/restaurants there.

That would really suck for N-S travelers on 99 and 390. Somewhere between Corning and Bath would get both N-S and E-W routes with one supercharger. When they are as sparse as in western NY/PA, it's even more important to put them at intersections, unlike what they did at Bloomsburg, PA.

That would really suck for N-S travelers on 99 and 390. Somewhere between Corning and Bath would get both N-S and E-W routes with one supercharger. When they are as sparse as in western NY/PA, it's even more important to put them at intersections, unlike what they did at Bloomsburg, PA.

Yeah. The 86/390 intersection is the best place for one. Bath has a bunch of fast food right off 86. Whoever said Horseheads...yeah no. It's only 59 miles between Horseheads/Binghamton. Not nearly central enough.

I'm planning a trip for next month from my home in York, PA to the Canadian side of Niagara Falls. I would like to drive from the Bloomsburg, PA SC to the Buffalo, NY SC. The shortest route takes me north following 15N, 86W, 390N, 63N, 90W, a distance of 238 miles.

I'm concerned it might be too much for my MX 75D. Unfortunately, PlugShare doesn't reveal any reliable solutions. There are two 14-50s in Williamsport and a J1772 at a Hampton Inn in Painted Post.

Any suggestions?

I'm planning a trip for next month from my home in York, PA to the Canadian side of Niagara Falls. I would like to drive from the Bloomsburg, PA SC to the Buffalo, NY SC. The shortest route takes me north following 15N, 86W, 390N, 63N, 90W, a distance of 238 miles.

I'm concerned it might be too much for my MX 75D. Unfortunately, PlugShare doesn't reveal any reliable solutions. There are two 14-50s in Williamsport and a J1772 at a Hampton Inn in Painted Post.

Any suggestions?

Dinner in Williamsport or stay overnight at the Alpine Loft in Morris, PA near Tioga pass (it's a nice area; I hope to do this someday).

Same problem we face every time we want to visit daughter in Rochester, passing through Harrisburg. Bloomsburg doesn't help much, being 40 km off 15/99.

Reactions: RedFiveZero
Just drove from Erie PA SC to Ithaca NY on I-86. Made it with 8 rated miles to destination (just outside Ithaca -- Trumansburg NY). If anyone's in the area. We're the deep metallic blue 60D that my relatives are taking on major launches all over the place :D

Car is a big hit. So sexy, so fast, so silent.

Reactions: jthompson