Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I-90 - Completing the West

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any update on the Wyoming gap? Looking to make a Portland -> Rapid City trip over Christmas. The Ritzville to Superior gap is possible with a stop as Cottonwood said, but the Billings to Rapid City gap is huge! US212 looks like the best option sans superchargers with a overnight charge at RV park in Broadus, MT... but risk of running low on juice is kinda scary on that road.

Any update on the Wyoming gap? Looking to make a Portland -> Rapid City trip over Christmas. The Ritzville to Superior gap is possible with a stop as Cottonwood said, but the Billings to Rapid City gap is huge! US212 looks like the best option sans superchargers with a overnight charge at RV park in Broadus, MT... but risk of running low on juice is kinda scary on that road.

I'm doing routine drive-bys of the proposed Sheridan location. I also emailed my SC contact at Tesla, but have not received a reply. It seems they'd be pretty incented to get those last couple chargers in, so I'm optimistic. If the MT route seems daunting, there are 14-50 options in Sheridan and Sundance, I believe. There's also a plugshare 30A charger in Gillette. The weather in December probably wouldn't allow it, but I've made it from Sheridan to the Rapid City charger.

I was there today. They have 2 40 amp chargers, charging at 28 miles per hour. One seems to always be on the other off??? Both times I have been there CDA resort trucks have been in the spots. When you find the resort handymen they are friendly about moving them. No charge but the parking fee.

Page 1 table updated

Thanks for the continued looking in WY and for the notices on Butte and Superior.

Sad to hear about needing to find a new location in Sheridan.

I heard Tesla is in working with another hotel in
Coeur d'Alene. I talked to a Model X enthusiast on the owner's Corporate staff. I am hoping this one will come thru.

Meantime, on my next day light trip to Boise I will be inspecting potential Eastern Oregon locations on I-84 again.

Last edited:
Yes, I was talking about Coeur D Alene and the Coeur d Alene Resort. Sorry about that. On the second floor of the parking garage they have the 2 40 amp chargers. You do not have to stay there, only be a guest. Lunch?

Earlier Post... I was there today. They have 2 40 amp chargers, charging at 28 miles per hour. One seems to always be on the other off??? Both times I have been there CDA resort trucks have been in the spots. When you find the resort handymen they are friendly about moving them. No charge but the parking fee.

Also see my post on the new charging dot near Missoula rather than St Regis MT.

Yes, I was talking about Coeur D Alene and the Coeur d Alene Resort. Sorry about that. On the second floor of the parking garage they have the 2 40 amp chargers. You do not have to stay there, only be a guest. Lunch?

Earlier Post... I was there today. They have 2 40 amp chargers, charging at 28 miles per hour. One seems to always be on the other off??? Both times I have been there CDA resort trucks have been in the spots. When you find the resort handymen they are friendly about moving them. No charge but the parking fee.

Also see my post on the new charging dot near Missoula rather than St Regis MT.

Interesting, from the Tesla "Find Us" page, the Coeur d'Alene Resort seems to have HPWC's at up to 80 Amps. Are you sure that they are limited to 40 Amps?

Coeur d Alene.png

A local owner with hotels in both towns is interested in hosting.

Has that owner filled out the web form with Tesla to start the process?

From the Supercharging Host Suggestion Form:

Supercharging

Thank you for your interest in Supercharging. Tesla is currently building out the Supercharger network and is actively seeking locations along major transit corridors where Superchargers can be hosted. Supercharger sites should be easily accessible from the highway, conveniently located near 24 hr amenities, and safe & well-lit.

If you own a property that matches this profile, know someone who does, or are able to help in some way, then please fill the form below. If the proposed site is a good fit, we will reach out.

Thank you.​

Has that owner filled out the web form with Tesla to start the process?

From the Supercharging Host Suggestion Form:
Supercharging

Thank you for your interest in Supercharging. Tesla is currently building out the Supercharger network and is actively seeking locations along major transit corridors where Superchargers can be hosted. Supercharger sites should be easily accessible from the highway, conveniently located near 24 hr amenities, and safe & well-lit.

If you own a property that matches this profile, know someone who does, or are able to help in some way, then please fill the form below. If the proposed site is a good fit, we will reach out.

Thank you.​

I put him in direct contact with the supercharger team leader for the region, encouraging action with both sides.