Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I-94 SC's - getting crowded with M3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I travel from Chicago to Detroit regularly in my MS. I've hit all the SCs on I-94/96 (St. Joe, Marshall, Ann Arbor, Livonia). Historically, they are never full. The last few trips, however, I've noticed that traffic is really picking up with lots of M3s. I've been lucky and pulled in just as a slot was opening, so no wait times, but I'd be interested to hear other's experiences. Have you had to wait for a SC slot on I-94?

St Joe's hasnt been an issue for me other than when stalls are down. Did see a few M3s when I was there last. Last trip I was going west and had to go to the Merrillville, IN location as most of the St Joes stalls weren't working. Off the interstate a ways but there was only 1 other car there.

I don't hit those other ones often enough to comment on them.

I have noticed an increase in Grand Rapids, but I also want to note that new owners may want to try out the SC network near home before they have to depend on it on a trip. I think we will see a spike as people are getting cars that may slack off as time progresses. I came to this conclusion by talking to people at the SC some who were new owners experimenting, some waiting to get their chargers installed at home. and half or less on a road trip and needing to charge their M3.
We have noticed the difference between the 90D and the M3 range often means we don't stop on many long trips for SC. It seems that the extra range is just enough to eliminate 100% of the charge stops (or one stop) which is a dramatic drop in SC usage. Things change as we learn more about the cars.

• Informative
Reactions: ItsNotAboutTheMoney
I have noticed an increase in Grand Rapids, but I also want to note that new owners may want to try out the SC network near home before they have to depend on it on a trip. I think we will see a spike as people are getting cars that may slack off as time progresses. I came to this conclusion by talking to people at the SC some who were new owners experimenting, some waiting to get their chargers installed at home. and half or less on a road trip and needing to charge their M3.
We have noticed the difference between the 90D and the M3 range often means we don't stop on many long trips for SC. It seems that the extra range is just enough to eliminate 100% of the charge stops (or one stop) which is a dramatic drop in SC usage. Things change as we learn more about the cars.
More range is always better, and there will be self-selection relative to cost.