Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I absolutely Love driving my Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My favorite thing is how smooth and quiet they drive but then having instant power whenever you need it. I drove my wife's ICE SUV the other day, and it was awful. The thing is a turd.

I think the same thing when I drive our BMW 335. When you step on the throttle there is a huge turbo lag as power takes 1-2 seconds to start showing up. Really makes getting out from a dead stop to 50 on a road choked with commuters a gamble. Not so with the Tesla. Power is instantaneous and just keeps growing and growing. Things recede very fast in the rear view mirror.

Last edited:
The fool in the Nissan next to me today thought otherwise :)

I smoked a new LOUD Corvette yesterday. Afterwards, I looked at the side camera video and the M3 was so quick that it looked like the Corvette had barely moved. The M3 is a silent ICE killer. I never minded exhaust noises too much in the past, but it really annoys me now because there is really no point in it.

I was driving home from work Friday in my Model 3 performance and thinking how much I loved driving the car. From the way the steering wheel feels in my hand to the effortless and instant power response. That feeling you have when you're stopped at a red light and you know whoever is next to you you can just smoke their ass. :) For anybody that thinks electric cars will take away the enjoyment of driving have obviously never driven a model 3. This is one purchase that I never had any buyers remorse and will never go back to ice.
Yep. 28000 miles later, and I still get a kick out of this car!

How do strangers manage the door handles and door buttons?

Do you get many scuffs from shoes and passengers opening doors into things?
Good questions. I’d be opening the door for them, and lifting and placing them ever so gently into their seat. Same for customer removal, except opposite direction.

Reminds me, i should hit the gym.

I was driving home from work Friday in my Model 3 performance and thinking how much I loved driving the car. From the way the steering wheel feels in my hand to the effortless and instant power response. That feeling you have when you're stopped at a red light and you know whoever is next to you you can just smoke their ass. :) For anybody that thinks electric cars will take away the enjoyment of driving have obviously never driven a model 3. This is one purchase that I never had any buyers remorse and will never go back to ice.

awesome. thanks for sharing. I am waiting for mine to arrive. feels so great that my model 3 is in the truck in transit to here (Canada). It reminded me of lighting McQueen's in the truck in the "cars" movie. they should make a movie about Tesla cars.... I am extremely excited

The funny thing is that everyone else know you can wax them so no one ever wants to race off the light or try to cut in front of you on a ramp. They just back off or pull over and let you pass. As a result I drive less aggressively in my Tesla.
Yeah the day I picked up my M3 LR AWD I was at a light on a completely emptry road in front of me, and an Inifinity Q50 Sport next to me was revving his engine over and over again. I'd like to say that I smoked him, but there's no smoke involved!! I vaporized him, surprised the hell out of myself too, since this was the first super aggressive start in my brand new car. Never forget it. Great car. Thanks for the upbeat post.

Absolutely! We love our 3 so much we're planning on adding the Y to our stable in a year or so. We will then be 100% EV and loving every minute of it. I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one who looks for any excuse to jump in the 3 and go for a cruise. :cool: