Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I absolutely Love driving my Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The funny thing is that everyone else know you can wax them so no one ever wants to race off the light or try to cut in front of you on a ramp. They just back off or pull over and let you pass. As a result I drive less aggressively in my Tesla.
I saw a a funny last week. A young guy in a souped up Camaro pulls up to the light right in front of me, racing stripes and a hot girlfriend in the passenger seat. A black model S pulls up next to him. Camaro starts Reving his engine, light turns, Tesla gives him about 10 feet and then smokes him bad. Pretty funny

I’ve had my Model S for 7 years now and I still love driving it. It’s just so smooth and quiet. One-pedal driving with instant power and regenerative braking is simply awesome and makes the car feel like an extension of your body. Charging is a non issue; in fact, it’s much easier and faster than going to the gas station. It takes me 3 seconds to plug in the car at night. Done.

Even today, my 2012 P85 feels like the car of the future, so it’s hard to understand why so many people still buy ICE cars even when they could easily afford a Tesla or some other EV.

Use an app called Turo to rent Tesla’s. I can’t deal with pokey ice cars anymore
I rent mine out on Turo in the weeks I know it’s won’t be used as much. Only have rented it out 3 times so far but I payed off my first month of payments and had a really positive experience each time. If you’re ever in the jersey city area feel free to rent mine Hahahah. It’s also a blast to get great feedback on your car and watch people fall in love with Teslas

I’d be interested in how many 72 year old gals out there like me love their model 3 as well? Mine was a 50 year anniversary present. I was scared of it at first but now I’m zoom zoom!
I'm 61 but in my 3 I feel like I'm 16 again (when I was 16 I used my moms beat up Plymouth Fury III to smoke the local jock in his new Barracuda). Love it!:)

Love my car, got talked into a stealth performance by the dealer (if they are even dealerships). So glad he did, i don’t usually go fast, love the 30-70 acceleration getting into highways. Only had one person want to challenge in a Nissan GT-R, red light to red light maybe 1/8 mile slightly more. No chance at all. I was stopped and waiting before he got there. I know he would have overtaken me if it were longer. It’s just so much fun, my wife shrieks everytime we take off. What a perfect ass car

Loving reading all the comments on this thread. Picking my LRAWD Model 3 up tomorrow at 1pm. Test drive blew me away, couldn’t get the car out of my head. Can’t wait to be grinning ear to ear on the daily driving this masterpiece of design and technology!
What’s crazy is the feeling doesn’t go away. Especially with updates. It’s so ahead of the curb, and such a fun ride, it’s always a reminder you made the right choice.

now...driving an ICE after owning one of these? That’s painful.

Funnily enough, I too had a lights experience this evening. The young lad next to me was itching to get off the line and hit the bend ahead first. I don't even think it was about anyone else - just something he needed to do.

As the lights changed, I looked in the mirror to see that he had moved off the starting line - just!

I was driving home from work Friday in my Model 3 performance and thinking how much I loved driving the car. From the way the steering wheel feels in my hand to the effortless and instant power response. That feeling you have when you're stopped at a red light and you know whoever is next to you you can just smoke their ass. :) For anybody that thinks electric cars will take away the enjoyment of driving have obviously never driven a model 3. This is one purchase that I never had any buyers remorse and will never go back to ice.
Me too!

I enjoy my 3 but smoke anyone it cannot. Ive lost to an RS7, an (I can only assume lightly modded) RS3, and an M5. With all of the exotics rolling around near my work (pulled alongside a Mclaren Senna the other day) there are a great many I could play with but not necessarily beat. Nevermind the dime a dozen Porsche 911 Turbos which are absurdly fast. On the highway forget about it.

I happily cruise missile by in the carpool lane day after day watching the poor bastards clutching away on the 405 freeway in their needlessly fast, and helplessly stuck sports cars,

Every time I have to drive my wife's car I curse the gas station, the clunky controls and the relentlessly shifting 8spd hunting around for what is occasionally the correct gear.

My biggest complaint about the P3 is its not the most engaging car, but I easily forgive and even forget that when its slogging its way through rush hour traffic while I idly listen to the radio or tune out.

If you have a Performance Model 3, I don't see how you could have lost to an RS7.