Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I absolutely Love driving my Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I here you, so fun to drive! One day my husband and I were at a light next to a kia who thought they were going to take us. Was perfect, my husband looked over at me and said “as if” and then blew them away. We have a Mercedes as well, which is quite swift but the model 3 is an entirely different vehicle. We named our car Trinity in honor of the Matrix given such amazing agility! Oh, and before we got our M3, I I had nooo idea how fast Teslas were. So, generally - I think people think they have less gusto given electric. Fun to show them otherwise. Enjoy! [

QUOTE="Ultron, post: 4276502, member: 108804"]I was driving home from work Friday in my Model 3 performance and thinking how much I loved driving the car. From the way the steering wheel feels in my hand to the effortless and instant power response. That feeling you have when you're stopped at a red light and you know whoever is next to you you can just smoke their ass. :) For anybody that thinks electric cars will take away the enjoyment of driving have obviously never driven a model 3. This is one purchase that I never had any buyers remorse and will never go back to ice.

I am way with you. There’s a reason why my license plate says Trinity because I am reminded of the matrix and how fast and how slow and agile[/QUOTE]

LOL, that is a great name. Is the M3 dressed in black also like Trinity?

If you have a Performance Model 3, I don't see how you could have lost to an RS7.

Because its faster.

Stock RS7 is close to a half second faster in the 1/4 mile. A very lightly modded RS7 will run low 10's in the quarter and trap 130+ mph. A heavily modified one will run 9's and 145++. Compared against 11.6ish and 115 in the P....no contest.

Guy down the street from me has a Golf R that runs 10.8s at 125mph. A stock hardware RS3 running e85 will run 2.8s 0-60. I could go on and on. Anything running VW/Audi's 2.5L 5cylinder or 4.0 V8 has the potential to walk a P3D. Quatro + Big boost = very fast.

The P is fast, but its not the fastest thing on the road by any stretch. Come drive around Orange County CA, there are plenty of faster cars from a dig, and COUNTLESS that are faster from 60 on up.

Like this guy
2J9Tr4Pl.jpg

Pretty sure its a Performance ;)
dz6SrsUl.jpg

Last edited:
I traded a Golf R, tuned to stage 1, in on my Model 3 performance. The Golf R was fast, very fast, but my Tesla will blow it away. Especially from a standing start. I've owned 2 corvettes, two mustangs, a Porsche and the Golf R in my life and my Tesla will blow all of them away. My Tesla will literally take my breath away if i punch it from anything less than 20mph.

Absolutely agree with others joy of driving. I always drove regular ICE cars. First thing I had to get used to, was people staring, or pointing out my car. Seeing people mouth “there’s a Tesla”, or walking to or from your car in a parking lot and hearing some younger kid, or even adult exclaim..”TESLA!”.

Not a ton in my area specifically, but always nice to share a wave with the occasional fellow Tesla driver on the highway, or around town.

Always finding reasons to drive my Model 3, and not even traffic can hamper the fun.

With the temps being around 0, it’s been interesting to see the masses of ICE vehicles, with exhaust hovering in the air..and I sit there and idle and accelerate proudly with no emissions.

Ah pumpkin, are you offended lol, take your millennial safe room to another thread. I called you out for making a statement you have no way of backing up. Take your lumps and move on or don't lol, no one in this thread is worried.
And correction, the Juke was driving like a jerk, I just made sure everyone around knew his car had no balls lol... Tesla style.
Totally.

Tesla certainly makes its mark as a stand out.

I was up on a local estate and was approached by a young lad and his mate. Mr what's your car?
Tesla I responded.
I thought it was said young lad (they are about 8 years old, by the way).
Can we have a ride?

Fear descends! No sorry. That would not be right without one of your parents being here too. I can make it follow me though, as we walk down the road.

Dumbfounded kids.

I execute a summon and car duly trails down the road.

That's really cool. Says young lad.

Tesla's are invincible!

I was driving home from work Friday in my Model 3 performance and thinking how much I loved driving the car. From the way the steering wheel feels in my hand to the effortless and instant power response. That feeling you have when you're stopped at a red light and you know whoever is next to you you can just smoke their ass. :) For anybody that thinks electric cars will take away the enjoyment of driving have obviously never driven a model 3. This is one purchase that I never had any buyers remorse and will never go back to ice.
Have you paid for the upgrade yet. If you did what do you think about it. Is it worth the expensive.

Reactions: jerseygirl18
Because its faster.

Stock RS7 is close to a half second faster in the 1/4 mile...

By contrast, I ran a friend's 2017 RS7 this weekend and pulled him every time, both from a dig and a roll. Not by much, but there's no doubt my car is slightly quicker.

Looking back at contemporary tests, RS7 runs about 11.6-11.7 @ 120-ish. I've run 11.5xx at 115, so what I experienced this weekend lines up nicely with those test results.

Now, if his was an RS7 Performance, the results might have been different...

Of course I'm also aware that if we'd continued to hyper-legal speeds, the RS7 would leave the Model 3P behind.

After driving his car (which is gorgeous, BTW), all of its controls are softer, making it more relaxing when cruising, but also less fun.

Last edited:
A really awesome thread.
Me? I just want to be on my way at speed I am comfortable with given the conditions and traffic. I don't want to attract strange looks like when I was driving through my neighborhood in my V8 Audi with modest 30mph. They just don't notice a grey Model 3P with just shhh from the tires doing 50mph.

For me Tesla is the meaning of freedom on the road. The freedom to make the maneuver I want to when I want to. The shortest path from neurons firing to the cars around me starting to shift back.

I don't usually launch at full speed from traffic lights - not my kind of pleasure. However, I may go around fast Audis and Porches on more technical stretches such as a wet curved highway ramp. I do take pleasure sometimes to go around folks that behave like a-holes on the road. Getting to work in downtown Seattle, the ability to drive dynamically really helps to get around folks that are figuring out their next turn while blocking two lanes for the duration of traffic light.