Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I absolutely Love driving my Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
awesome. thanks for sharing. I am waiting for mine to arrive. feels so great that my model 3 is in the truck in transit to here (Canada). It reminded me of lighting McQueen's in the truck in the "cars" movie. they should make a movie about Tesla cars.... I am extremely excited
I felt the same - felt just like a kid and you’ll not be disappointed! Enjoy!

I enjoy my 3 but smoke anyone it cannot. Ive lost to an RS7, an (I can only assume lightly modded) RS3, and an M5. With all of the exotics rolling around near my work (pulled alongside a Mclaren Senna the other day) there are a great many I could play with but not necessarily beat. Nevermind the dime a dozen Porsche 911 Turbos which are absurdly fast. On the highway forget about it.

I happily cruise missile by in the carpool lane day after day watching the poor bastards clutching away on the 405 freeway in their needlessly fast, and helplessly stuck sports cars,

Every time I have to drive my wife's car I curse the gas station, the clunky controls and the relentlessly shifting 8spd hunting around for what is occasionally the correct gear.

My biggest complaint about the P3 is its not the most engaging car, but I easily forgive and even forget that when its slogging its way through rush hour traffic while I idly listen to the radio or tune out.

I was driving home from work Friday in my Model 3 performance and thinking how much I loved driving the car. From the way the steering wheel feels in my hand to the effortless and instant power response. That feeling you have when you're stopped at a red light and you know whoever is next to you you can just smoke their ass. :) For anybody that thinks electric cars will take away the enjoyment of driving have obviously never driven a model 3. This is one purchase that I never had any buyers remorse and will never go back to ice.
Great to hear; echoes my sentiments exactly. Of course, if you hang around "here" long enough you will find yourself reading all kinds of negative posts; especially from the techies. Not that I think the car is perfect; it is maddening sometimes, like a computer, when it does weird *sugar* and then goes back to normal leaving you scratching your head, like wtf? But the only thing I would trade mine for is a longer range model or a casket....scratch that; I'm going to be buried in my Tesla and race everybody to the gates of....wonder if that's on Nav?

• Funny
Reactions: OzVic and Bblsttx
I was driving home from work Friday in my Model 3 performance and thinking how much I loved driving the car. From the way the steering wheel feels in my hand to the effortless and instant power response. That feeling you have when you're stopped at a red light and you know whoever is next to you you can just smoke their ass. :) For anybody that thinks electric cars will take away the enjoyment of driving have obviously never driven a model 3. This is one purchase that I never had any buyers remorse and will never go back to ice.
Could not agree more. I had an early S 2013 car and driver magazine’s best car ever. Now I have a 3.2 0-60 Model 3. I really feel so very lucky.

Perhaps it’s different at the North Pole but in the real world people will try and race you even if they don’t have a lambo
Yep. I have had Corollas try it, trucks of course - a guy that had a sticker about what p*ssys everyone w/ an automatic was and pulled up next to me. I did smoke him every time to 45 and it was pissing him off as we had like 15 lights before the highway. I was almost crying w/ laughter ever time he roared by me a while later after hitting the speed limit. I think his girlfriend was too from what I could tell. My favorite one was this red Mustang came up to me at a light and rev'd. I don't think she was aware of what car she was challenging and when I blew her away and she caught up at the next light she was laughing really hard. She looked over and said 'OMG!! That is a Tesla! You guys are AWESOME!!! I gave her a headstart at the next light and still left her in the dust laughing.

As for lambos - had to take this photo last month when I saw this guy. He came out and groused about how many time he had Actually had to go to the gas pump. He much admired my orange wrap. Just 2 orange buds hanging out

right?! This car is an absolute joy to drive. I just sold my 2013 Audi A8L with a twin turbo V8 that I thought was fast - the Model 3 slays it. I’ve not had any that can accelerate like this. I have several friends with Hellcats, Modified Mustangs and Camaro’s, Porsche and nine of them can touch this car to 100. Not that I condone those speeds but just noting :)

• Love
Reactions: StealthP3D
you don't "smoke" anyone. If they want to beat your little car they won't rock up in a Corolla but would get a lambo. you are simply sitting in traffic with everyone else.
My Brother has a Lambo Performante and and McLaren 720S - won’t race a P100D and has some concerns on the M3P due to the instant and consistent torque and launch. He loves to go fast and takes them to the track but he admits to 100 why bother as he likely won’t beat the S ever and the 3 is a crapshoot as well.

I’ve had my 3 for 18 months and I have a tendency for jack rabbit starts at a stoplight, especially since I drive to work at 6 in the am and have little fear of cop retribution. While it’s always a thrill, my main goal is to illustrate the EV chops for my fellow commuters and to perhaps entice them to join the ranks. Its my Tesla commercial.

The only problem with owning this wonderful car is when you have to fly somewhere and hire an ICE car. Like travelling back in time!

Returning the car to the rental agency:

Rental Rep: How did you like the Nissan Altima?

You: Oh, it was OK but most rental cars are newer, this one has a few too many miles on it.

Rental Rep: Sir, that Altima only has 1200 miles on it!

You: Oh, I thought that was the trip odometer....:confused:

I'm sorry, but your pipsqueak M3 is NOT going to "smoke" (obsolete term...use zap, or something) a "new" Corvette. Maybe a 2019. And even then, only to about 60MPH.

The model 3 performance eats Corvettes for breakfast in 1/4 mile, 0-60, and often 0-100. With the latest update, 0-60 is at 3.0 (2.99 on prepared track). Check out stats on corvettes here. Prepare to wade through many, many rows of slower corvettes to find the couple that can compete with this car. Zero To 60 Times - Search for "corvette"

Reactions: Evoforce
The model 3 performance eats Corvettes for breakfast in 1/4 mile, 0-60, and often 0-100. With the latest update, 0-60 is at 3.0 (2.99 on prepared track). Check out stats on corvettes here. Prepare to wade through many, many rows of slower corvettes to find the couple that can compete with this car. Zero To 60 Times - Search for "corvette"

We enjoy an acceleration advantage that will gradually diminish, with more and more performance Teslas being added to the road daily. Very few street legal cars can compete at a stoplight. I don't push mine; 3 point-something 0-60 is more than fine.

Absolutely! We love our 3 so much we're planning on adding the Y to our stable in a year or so. We will then be 100% EV and loving every minute of it. I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one who looks for any excuse to jump in the 3 and go for a cruise. :cool:

I’m doing the same. Trading in our Acura MDX, great car but can’t compete with an EV.

• Love
Reactions: TJ73 and Kleenerth3
I’m doing the same. Trading in our Acura MDX, great car but can’t compete with an EV.
Until we got the 3, I never would have considered selling the'05 Saab 9-2x. After owning a Tesla, I really hate having to shift, brake, hold my foot on the brake at a light, dealing with slow acceleration, fueling up at the service station, the smell of the garage after it's driven, etc...
I know some Subie nut will snap it up as soon as I put up a sign. It's funny how different we think after only owning one for 6 months. A lot of us are walking away from some quality ICE's cuz the bar just got reset, much higher. :)
:cool:

Until we got the 3, I never would have considered selling the'05 Saab 9-2x. After owning a Tesla, I really hate having to shift, brake, hold my foot on the brake at a light, dealing with slow acceleration, fueling up at the service station, the smell of the garage after it's driven, etc...
I know some Subie nut will snap it up as soon as I put up a sign. It's funny how different we think after only owning one for 6 months. A lot of us are walking away from some quality ICE's cuz the bar just got reset, much higher. :)
:cool:

Haha! I read “walking away” and thought you were referring to leaving the car running because you are used to just getting out of the Model 3 without worrying about turning it off. This has happened to me a couple of times, put it into park, brake and open the door..... ooopps

• Funny
Reactions: Kleenerth3