Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I accidentally charged to 95%. Is it bad if I leave it at that stage all night and day?

kadify

Nov 19, 2020
colorado
I was messing around with the little slider earlier and accidentally left it at 95%. It’s currently charged to 95% and has been there for a few hours. I have since lowered it back down to what it usually is.

Do I need to go drive the car to discharge it? Will leaving it at 95% overnight and tomorrow cause issues?

kadify

Nov 19, 2020
colorado
Ok thanks everyone! I was running the ac trying to lower it from bed and realize it was going to take hours to impact the SOC doing it that way.

drtimhill

Apr 25, 2019
Seattle
I was messing around with the little slider earlier and accidentally left it at 95%. It’s currently charged to 95% and has been there for a few hours. I have since lowered it back down to what it usually is.

Do I need to go drive the car to discharge it? Will leaving it at 95% overnight and tomorrow cause issues?
Absolutely nothing to worry about. Sure, long-term you want to only charge to 70-80% most of the time to maximum battery life, but the odd charge even to 100% is just fine .. the car wont explode.

Firedude2020

Sep 14, 2020
Toronto

I charge to 100% 3-4 times a week. No issue at all.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC