Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I accidentally charged to 95%. Is it bad if I leave it at that stage all night and day?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was messing around with the little slider earlier and accidentally left it at 95%. It’s currently charged to 95% and has been there for a few hours. I have since lowered it back down to what it usually is.

Do I need to go drive the car to discharge it? Will leaving it at 95% overnight and tomorrow cause issues?

I was messing around with the little slider earlier and accidentally left it at 95%. It’s currently charged to 95% and has been there for a few hours. I have since lowered it back down to what it usually is.

Do I need to go drive the car to discharge it? Will leaving it at 95% overnight and tomorrow cause issues?
Absolutely nothing to worry about. Sure, long-term you want to only charge to 70-80% most of the time to maximum battery life, but the odd charge even to 100% is just fine .. the car wont explode.

I charge to 100% 3-4 times a week. No issue at all.