TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

I Am Buying

Discussion in 'Tesla for Sale' started by moezilla, Aug 23, 2016.

1. moezilla

moezilla Member

I am so bummed I sold my orange 2010. I am borrowing as much as I can and buying whatever I can.
    These will be the 1973 Porsche 911RS of the years 2020. It took 40 years for the RS cars to pass $1 Million but now the collector car market has been established and the roadsters are THE car that launched the new market, a new company. They were odd, overpriced, and didn't sell well.. and they were impractical. Everything that a collector car is in 30 years.
    But in this case it will be only 5 years. I am ruining my chances for negotiating a good deal, but perhaps some very rich celebrity will take pity on me and sell me a Sport roadster of any year for a reasonable price!

2. DeedWest

DeedWest 2010 Roadster 2.0 - VIN 523

I agree with your predictions completely. There are several fantastic examples of Sports on the market right now...two of which are sold through Shift...check them out!

2.0 Sport #786 in Electric Blue with only 2K miles, and 2.5 Sport #1438 in Radiant Red...LOADED...one of the last US production cars...for now $73,950. Dropped in price this morning. I believe it's @Chickenlittle 's car. If I weren't already in the process of buying a 2.0 Sport, I'd jump on that #1438.

3. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

There are a number of Roadster Sports for sale right now, as @DeedWest pointed out. Whether the Roadster will ever dramatically appreciate and become "collectible" is impossible to predict with any certainty. I don't really care one way or the other, I am just happy to be able to drive mine and enjoy it.

4. shrink

shrink Supporting Member

I'm going to chime in with to join the orange Roadster club responders. I was actually tempted to put mine on the market yesterday after the new P100D announcement, but I don't think I can bring myself to part with my Roadster. I have a non-sport, 2.0 (the very first 2.0 in fact) but with 2.5-ish upgrades like the Double-DIN and backup camera. Roughly 16,500 miles. PM me if you have interest and want to tempt me further ;)

5. DeedWest

DeedWest 2010 Roadster 2.0 - VIN 523

DANG IT SHRINK...if you had caught me sooner...
    But hey. I also just realized we're all Very Orange...we need to arrange a meet someday! I'm sure my buddy @Seth Pascale would be interested in joining us in Sig 94 too...

6. Plan B

Plan B Active Member

What does this have to do with cars for sale?

7. moezilla

moezilla Member

sorry - it should say - WANTED - ROADSTER Sport

8. Plan B

Plan B Active Member

There is a WANTED section :cool::p

9. Chickenlittle

Chickenlittle Active Member

Thanks for the shout out. This is the rock bottom price with car coming off the market on sept 12. Never bought it for appreciation and have enjoyed it a lot. There are more roadsters on market now because of them approaching 6 years out and model X coming on market. Timing is always important just as location is in Realestate

10. moezilla

moezilla Member

Woops I am a retard - didn't see the "Want to Buy" section !

11. Sig72

Sig72 Member

I personally love the 1.5's- the quality of parts is outstanding. There is a guy selling his just over in Point Richmond, really good deal at $54k
    2008 Tesla Roadster

If you're wanting to spend a bit more for a collectable, you can make me an offer for Sig 72........