Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I Am Buying

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am so bummed I sold my orange 2010. I am borrowing as much as I can and buying whatever I can.
These will be the 1973 Porsche 911RS of the years 2020. It took 40 years for the RS cars to pass $1 Million but now the collector car market has been established and the roadsters are THE car that launched the new market, a new company. They were odd, overpriced, and didn't sell well.. and they were impractical. Everything that a collector car is in 30 years.
But in this case it will be only 5 years. I am ruining my chances for negotiating a good deal, but perhaps some very rich celebrity will take pity on me and sell me a Sport roadster of any year for a reasonable price!

I agree with your predictions completely. There are several fantastic examples of Sports on the market right now...two of which are sold through Shift...check them out!

2.0 Sport #786 in Electric Blue with only 2K miles, and 2.5 Sport #1438 in Radiant Red...LOADED...one of the last US production cars...for now $73,950. Dropped in price this morning. I believe it's @Chickenlittle 's car. If I weren't already in the process of buying a 2.0 Sport, I'd jump on that #1438.

I'm going to chime in with to join the orange Roadster club responders. I was actually tempted to put mine on the market yesterday after the new P100D announcement, but I don't think I can bring myself to part with my Roadster. I have a non-sport, 2.0 (the very first 2.0 in fact) but with 2.5-ish upgrades like the Double-DIN and backup camera. Roughly 16,500 miles. PM me if you have interest and want to tempt me further ;)

I agree with your predictions completely. There are several fantastic examples of Sports on the market right now...two of which are sold through Shift...check them out!

2.0 Sport #786 in Electric Blue with only 2K miles, and 2.5 Sport #1438 in Radiant Red...LOADED...one of the last US production cars...for now $73,950. Dropped in price this morning. I believe it's @Chickenlittle 's car. If I weren't already in the process of buying a 2.0 Sport, I'd jump on that #1438.
Thanks for the shout out. This is the rock bottom price with car coming off the market on sept 12. Never bought it for appreciation and have enjoyed it a lot. There are more roadsters on market now because of them approaching 6 years out and model X coming on market. Timing is always important just as location is in Realestate

I am so bummed I sold my orange 2010. I am borrowing as much as I can and buying whatever I can.
These will be the 1973 Porsche 911RS of the years 2020. It took 40 years for the RS cars to pass $1 Million but now the collector car market has been established and the roadsters are THE car that launched the new market, a new company. They were odd, overpriced, and didn't sell well.. and they were impractical. Everything that a collector car is in 30 years.
But in this case it will be only 5 years. I am ruining my chances for negotiating a good deal, but perhaps some very rich celebrity will take pity on me and sell me a Sport roadster of any year for a reasonable price!

I personally love the 1.5's- the quality of parts is outstanding. There is a guy selling his just over in Point Richmond, really good deal at $54k
2008 Tesla Roadster

If you're wanting to spend a bit more for a collectable, you can make me an offer for Sig 72........