Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor I am considering making UK/RHD Model 3 carpets/floor mats. Interested?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Okay...

So they're LIVE!

www.alternateflux.com

A bit more expensive than I anticipated for the first set because the rear, boot liner is HUGE! But at £199.99 for a full set of EVERYTHING I'm hoping that they're competitively priced with some of the other LHD sets out there.

IMG_20190827_194943.jpg

All critique welcome - but be gentle, 'cause I'm precious and I've worked hard to get the FIRST BATCH OF ONLY *TEN* - NOW SEVEN - ready ASAP for those people desperate for protection for their new pride and joy.

IMG_20190827_194849.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: TestPilot
All outstanding orders have been shipped this morning via Parcelforce and should be with their owners by the end of play tomorrow! :)

Thanks again ALL for your support and I really do hope you like them. And please SEND PICS of them in your pride and joy!

ALSO:
I have TWO sets of ALL BLACK and ONE set of BLUE ACCENT STITCHED still available. Unless things drastically change, I think this may be my last run (orders have slowed completely this past week - the curse of cheap Amazon/Chinese manufacturers I am afraid) so get in quick! :)

Reactions: Gareth Davies
Just emailed the Tesla parts address and they replied back to say long range and performance M3s have the interior carpet mats as standard. Is that a change of policy? Maybe why the orders have dried up. All weather ones are an upgrade and not in stock though.

The frunk and trunk are separate items as well.

Just emailed the Tesla parts address and they replied back to say long range and performance M3s have the interior carpet mats as standard. Is that a change of policy? Maybe why the orders have dried up. All weather ones are an upgrade and not in stock though.

SR+ don't come with mats, so there's a place in the market which is why AF set up his bizz.

@AlternateFlux - I'm still waiting for my SR+ (october, or so my lease company is saying...), so I'll see if you have any cabin mats still available then!

• Love
Reactions: AlternateFlux
All outstanding orders have been shipped this morning via Parcelforce and should be with their owners by the end of play tomorrow! :)

Thanks again ALL for your support and I really do hope you like them. And please SEND PICS of them in your pride and joy!

ALSO:
I have TWO sets of ALL BLACK and ONE set of BLUE ACCENT STITCHED still available. Unless things drastically change, I think this may be my last run (orders have slowed completely this past week - the curse of cheap Amazon/Chinese manufacturers I am afraid) so get in quick! :)

Well I hope it picks up for you. So many people just want the cheapest all the time. I would think you may do well if you can find good material that is recycled or plant based, not sure what is available but I would guess if people are paying a premium to go green with a Tesla they may well do the same for the accessories if an option is available?

Yep, they come with standard mats, standard.

Ours a little more thicker in the pile and - for the full set - include a Frunk and a massive boot liner too.

When you say all-weather, do you mean 'rubber'? Because these are 'weatherproof' (i.e. can withstand a lot of muck and rain without leaking) and have been tested for durability.

I'm looking into rubber mats, but there are so many cheap ones available I wonder if it's worth it.

Well I hope it picks up for you. So many people just want the cheapest all the time. I would think you may do well if you can find good material that is recycled or plant based, not sure what is available but I would guess if people are paying a premium to go green with a Tesla they may well do the same for the accessories if an option is available?

Thanks man, really appreciate that.

Yeah, recycled materials might be a good way to go BUT most people seem put off with the price over anything, and that would almost certainly increase the cost :/

Reactions: m3gt2
Yep, they come with standard mats, standard.

Ours a little more thicker in the pile and - for the full set - include a Frunk and a massive boot liner too.

When you say all-weather, do you mean 'rubber'? Because these are 'weatherproof' (i.e. can withstand a lot of muck and rain without leaking) and have been tested for durability.

I'm looking into rubber mats, but there are so many cheap ones available I wonder if it's worth it.

Thanks for the explanation.

The term "all-weather" was what was used to me by Tesla in their email. I guess they are referring to this Model 3 All Weather Interior Mats

Thanks for the explanation.

The term "all-weather" was what was used to me by Tesla in their email. I guess they are referring to this Model 3 All Weather Interior Mats

Ah ok... I find it so strange that the rubber ones are more expensive and regarded as 'an upgrade'. I think if I can get www.alternateflux.com to provide rubber ones, they'll very much be a cheap and cheerful option (because the 3D and fitted mat options seem like the way to go for those who *really* want protection like that).