Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I am giddy with excitement

Jonny Custom

Apr 7, 2016
St. Louis, Missouri
So I finally received the invitation to design my car and I could not be more excited. This is the first car I have ever bought new or configured. This is my first EV and I have had the charger looking sad in my garage for months now just waiting for the email. It is finally time!!!!! Sorry just figured I would share.

mycar.png

TexasEV

Jun 5, 2013
Austin, TX
So I finally received the invitation to design my car and I could not be more excited. This is the first car I have ever bought new or configured. This is my first EV and I have had the charger looking sad in my garage for months now just waiting for the email. It is finally time!!!!! Sorry just figured I would share.

View attachment 292822
Congratulations!
Being your first EV you may be new to the lingo. That’s not a charger in your garage. The charger is in the car. What you have in your garage that plugs into to the car is an EVSE. If it’s from Tesla, it’s called the Wall Connector.

Last edited:
Reactions: Troy916 and Fiver

3s-a-charm

Jul 18, 2014
Calgary, Canada
Congratulations!
Being your first EV you may be new to the lingo. That’s not a charger in your garage. The charger is in the car. What you have in your garage that plugs 8nto the car is an EVSE. If it’s from Tesla, it’s called the Wall Connector.
...I don’t know about that. Tesla calls theirs a “Supercharger” so I think calling it a charger in your garage is just fine. Plus I can’t stand when people correct other people on forums. PS. You have a typo on “8nto” ;)

• Funny
Reactions: Skidmark and pcpro

TexasEV

Jun 5, 2013
Austin, TX
...I don’t know about that. Tesla calls theirs a “Supercharger” so I think calling it a charger in your garage is just fine. Plus I can’t stand when people correct other people on forums. PS. You have a typo on “8nto” ;)
You're right, better to let it slide and let the ignorance propagate from one poster to the next.
Was your supercharger comment supposed to be funny? It may just be confusing to a new owner who doesn’t understand the difference between AC and DC charging. Surely you understand the difference, given the “title” in your signature.

Reactions: kingjamez

thefortunes

Jun 14, 2013
Wisconsin
As someone who has had to have the CHARGER in their car replaced (at a tune of about $2k) I can assure you that the charger (which communicates with the EVSE and converts the AC coming from the EVSE) is in the car.

Superchargers bypass the on-board charger and push DC directly into the battery.

P.S. Congrats OP!!

TT97

Aug 6, 2017
Los Angeles
Congrats.

I had solar put on my house in January and had them install the Tesla HPWC (why use EVSE when Tesla has its own acronym) at the same time. Now every morning when I walk into the garage I see that little green light on the connector remind me I am still waiting for the Tesla :(

Reactions: Jonny Custom

John Lamoureux

l Parzival l
Jul 2, 2016
NH

View attachment 292822

Did you receive an email or just log in and notice the page was different? And when?

I ask only because there are rumors that TSLA opens configurations on Wednesdays and Fridays.

I need to know if I should start "F5'ing" today or wait until Wednesday. :D

• Funny
Reactions: shrspeedblade

eSpiritIV

Mar 24, 2016
Portland, OR

View attachment 292822
Can you tell us the date and time, and if you were inline or online reservation holder? This will help us alot to start out the conversation. Many of us inline waiters have not received invites, which is troubling.

John Lamoureux

l Parzival l
Jul 2, 2016
NH
If you're using Chrome, Vivaldi, or some other Chromium-based browser, I recommend Page Monitor. No need to F5 at all. You can instead just glance up to the corner of your browser incessantly, instead. Saves some keyboard wear.

I just turned it off today. Had it monitoring my Tesla account page and I'd get a false positive almost every day. Perhaps I had it configured incorrectly?

Zaxxon

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Dec 11, 2012
Colorado
I just turned it off today. Had it monitoring my Tesla account page and I'd get a false positive almost every day. Perhaps I had it configured incorrectly?

I'm not sure, but guessing yes. Mine never dinged until I was open to configure, and then it detected that around 4 hours before I got the email.

Jonny Custom

Apr 7, 2016
St. Louis, Missouri
Can you tell us the date and time, and if you were inline or online reservation holder? This will help us alot to start out the conversation. Many of us inline waiters have not received invites, which is troubling.
I reserved late afternoon on the 31st of March in 2016. I was not a previous Tesla owner and I am in St. Louis.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC