Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I am Missing my Tesla :-(

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Ormond

Endless Peacock
Jul 10, 2016
Central Florida
I recently returned my Model X and bought a Subaru Ascent Touring. My lease was up and there wasn’t a compelling reason to buy a new one. The Ascent is half the price of the Model X, but of course, it’s not electric.

Another reason that I purchased the Subaru was the excellent safety ratings. It also has rear automatic braking and cross traffic alert and automatic braking.

I drove it for my first time on the highway today. The traffic-aware cruise control worked well. The lane keep assist, however, is nothing like AP. The system might give you a nudge is you cross a line, but there’s no centering function. I do, however, like having blind spot warning on the outside mirrors. I missed these on the Tesla. Toyota and Subaru have done a great job making the safety tech standard on many of their vehicles.

However, I’ve decided to buy another Tesla. I miss driving an EV. There’s nothing wrong with the Subaru. It’s a great family vehicle with lots of thoughtful features. I’ll either order a Model Y or another X after the motor and battery updates are introduced. The Model 3 might work if I grow impatient.

Life’s too short not to drive a Tesla!

:(

I can relate. After totaling my MS in November we bought another expedition as t MX was so expensive. Our loaded expedition is a good looking car plush interior and great ride. However, it can not compare to my MS70. We now have a work van. 2007 Expedtition and 2018 Expedition. Our thought was we needed to replace 07 expedition within 2 years so we wanted a 6 or 7 passenger SUV. 5months driving an ICE I am looking for a MS or MX 100D I can afford

The loaded Expedition with Tax and license was $45 K cheaper than the MX. I know I could probably get a M3 for that difference but I loved my MS and liked the MX

Reactions: BBone and Ormond
I cannot even consider getting anything but a Tesla... after getting my MX which was after the MS which was after the Volt (which was really quite nice and solid). I had started the electrification with the A123 conversion of my 2007 Prius... Having grandchildren, the thought of burning fossil fuels and lowering their life expectancy is to repulsive. Eagle Scouts do not threaten and act to kill their grandchildren (and other's grandchildren) prematurely.

Reactions: BBone