Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I AM NOT A HATER!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
In fact, I’m afraid of Tesla.

I’m afraid that my Tesla would catch fire spontaneously and I won’t have time to get out and get burned to death alive.

I’m afraid its FSD software would suddenly send me crashing into the divider and ruin my day.

I’m afraid a simply malfunction would take months to repair.

I’m afraid to invest in its stock because I would get burned.

And I’m afraid the list of concerns is too numerous for me to go on...

...I’m afraid that my Tesla would catch fire spontaneously
Gasoline cars burn every day but you hardly see any report at all.

...I won’t have time to get out and get burned to death alive...

Most have reported that battery fire gave occupants time to get out.

As in the case of the famous actress Mary McCormack's husband, as in the case of fatal Autopilot crash for Apple engineer in Mountain View...

...I’m afraid its FSD software would suddenly send me crashing into the divider and ruin my day...

Currently, it's designed for human to take over at any time. That's why at least one of my hands has been on the steering wheel to get the feedback from Autosteer and correct it seamlessly.

...I’m afraid a simply malfunction would take months to repair...

True for non-Tesla body shops.

Otherwise, it only took minutes for Mobile Service to swap out my 12V battery.

...I’m afraid to invest in its stock because I would get burned...

If you bought 1,000 shares in 2010 at its IPO price of $17, your original investment of $17,000 would net you almost $359,650 in 10/18/2017.

...And I’m afraid the list of concerns is too numerous for me to go on...

Fear is a good human quality. It motivate people to read up Owner's manual and doing some research!

I’m afraid that my Tesla would catch fire spontaneously and I won’t have time to get out and get burned to death alive.

I’m afraid its FSD software would suddenly send me crashing into the divider and ruin my day.

2-BD48787-88-EF-4-C41-9-C80-2-AB494585095.jpg

Join the club

• Funny
Reactions: EVMeister
These are end times, my friend. May I suggest a short position? I find it soothing, knowing that every day, no matter the share price, the stock still needs to drop 100% until declaring BK.

I do suggest shorting the stock here, and doubling down at $180. It seems like a wise bet. Tesla usually never bounces. Nope no way

*This is not financial advice

Also, have to put a /s, since people think I'm serious

• Funny

I'm afraid you are misinformed and a victim of FUD.

If you do your research and focus on statistics and talking to Tesla owners instead of scare stories in the press, you will find that:
  • Gasoline cars catch on fire about 10 times more often than Teslas (no surprise -- gasoline tends to catch on fire)
  • Autopilot is very safe
  • For most owners, service is as easy or easier than ICE. No oil changes, no smog checks, minimal scheduled maintenance, mobile service that comes to your house or work more than offset the risk of an occasional hiccup with parts or repairs that don't impact most owners
But this is an investor forum, and based on your fears you may be in the wrong forum!

These are end times, my friend. May I suggest a short position? I find it soothing, knowing that every day, no matter the share price, the stock still needs to drop 100% until declaring BK.

I do suggest shorting the stock here, and doubling down at $180. It seems like a wise bet. Tesla usually never bounces. Nope no way

*This is not financial advice

Also, have to put a /s, since people think I'm serious
Disclaimer: Been a proud shorter since early Jan via long term puts.

• Funny
Reactions: neroden
I'm afraid you are misinformed and a victim of FUD.

If you do your research and focus on statistics and talking to Tesla owners instead of scare stories in the press, you will find that:
  • Gasoline cars catch on fire about 10 times more often than Teslas (no surprise -- gasoline tends to catch on fire)
  • Autopilot is very safe
  • For most owners, service is as easy or easier than ICE. No oil changes, no smog checks, minimal scheduled maintenance, mobile service that comes to your house or work more than offset the risk of an occasional hiccup with parts or repairs that don't impact most owners
But this is an investor forum, and based on your fears you may be in the wrong forum!
I invested in TSLA puts.

• Funny
Gasoline cars burn every day but you hardly see any report at all.

Most have reported that battery fire gave occupants time to get out.

As in the case of the famous actress Mary McCormack's husband, as in the case of fatal Autopilot crash for Apple engineer in Mountain View...

Currently, it's designed for human to take over at any time. That's why at least one of my hands has been on the steering wheel to get the feedback from Autosteer and correct it seamlessly.

True for non-Tesla body shops.

Otherwise, it only took minutes for Mobile Service to swap out my 12V battery.

If you bought 1,000 shares in 2010 at its IPO price of $17, your original investment of $17,000 would net you almost $359,650 in 10/18/2017.

Fear is a good human quality. It motivate people to read up Owner's manual and doing some research!

I used to be a Tesla cult member too. LOL.

• Funny
I’m afraid that my short position would catch fire spontaneously and I won’t have time to get out and get burned to death alive.

I’m afraid my short position would suddenly send me crashing into the divider and ruin my day.

FTFY.

I used to be a Tesla cult member too. LOL.

And now you're just an anti-humanity, anti-progress short-arsed FUDster. Shame on you.

ICE vehicles are not sustainable. They are inefficient and increase pollution (noise and air) locally and elsewhere. They are relics of the past. I invest in Tesla for many reasons - because I am forward looking and I have no doubt that EVs are the future. And Tesla are the only company who have gone in full force to increase their adoption. Not all of my reasons for investing in Tesla revolve around the environment. A lot of it revolves around the fact that, ever since driving my first EV several years ago, I can clearly see they are a better way of doing things. I like technology, I like progress and I like what Tesla stands for. Anybody who actively stands against this is short-sighted and stuck in the past, quite frankly.

Last edited:
  • Love
ICE vehicles are not sustainable. They are inefficient and increase pollution (noise and air) locally and elsewhere. They are relics of the past. I invest in Tesla for many reasons - because I am forward looking and I have no doubt that EVs are the future. And Tesla are the only company who have gone in full force to increase their adoption. Not all of my reasons for investing in Tesla revolve around the environment. A lot of it revolves around the fact that, ever since driving my first EV several years ago, I can clearly see they are a better way of doing things. I like technology, I like progress and I like what Tesla stands for. Anybody who actively stands against this is short-sighted and stuck in the past, quite frankly.
And you think Tesla is the only electric car maker? The truth is, China made and sold more electric cars during the past two years than all the other carmakers combined, including Tesla. And I’m not talking about 2 wheeler electric bikes. I’m talking about sedans that can go at least 250km per charge and costing less than $20K USD each! Get yourself educated before buying into this scam.

• Informative
Reactions: Missile Toad
And you think you’re saving the planet and saving the world? The planet is fine. Its people are ****ed.

I've been much more relaxed since 2012 when I got rid of all my gasoline vehicles: no more gasoline smell in my home. No carbon monoxide from my garage to die for. No more smelly exhaust fumes from EVs....

I may not be able to save the world but at least I can save my own sanity!

I'm 103,000kms in, couldn't be happier.

And you think Tesla is the only electric car maker? The truth is, China made and sold more electric cars during the past two years than all the other carmakers combined, including Tesla. And I’m not talking about 2 wheeler electric bikes. I’m talking about sedans that can go at least 250km per charge and costing less than $20K USD each! Get yourself educated before buying into this scam.

We know that cost is the biggest obstacle to sales of PEVs, especially BEVs.

In the USA, Canada and European countries, subsidies are available to all manufacturers, domestic and foreign. Tariffs are only 10% in Europe and lower in the USA.

So it should be easy for all those great Chinese PEVs to succeed in the USA and Europe. Especially in Europe, where they're absolutely starving for product.

Or maybe there are other factors involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.