TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

I am now officially part of the family :)

Discussion in 'Model S' started by bcsteeve, Aug 28, 2017.

Tags:
  1. bcsteeve

bcsteeve Member

Its been a long time. Too long. But as of today, I have signed on the dotted line and I should have a 2015 P85D in a couple of weeks. Yay me (sorry, just excited).

• Like x 16
    • Love x 2
  2. nico180

nico180 Serge

3. Patrick W

Patrick W Active Member

Welcome to the family. It's been a few years since my first S but it seems much sooner than that. :)

4. bcsteeve

bcsteeve Member

Ty, Ty. It took me awhile to get here. But I think I'm going to enjoy the ride.

5. Sir Guacamolaf

Sir Guacamolaf The good kind of fat

Congrats, I have a 2015 70D. I debated getting 85D, but as my first Tesla purchase I went conservative. 2 years later I still love driving me. AP1 is absolutely awesome. I think you made a very good purchase.

6. ShockOnT

ShockOnT ⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️

Welcome aboard @bcsteeve :)
    P85D a fine choice.

7. GSP

GSP Member

Congratulations @bcsteeve on your purchase.

Enjoy!

GSP

8. Hotlobstah

Hotlobstah Member

9. Mickie

Mickie Member

Congrats and welcome! Ask Tesla if your car qualifies for the ludicrous upgrade.

10. bcsteeve

bcsteeve Member

Thanks everyone!

I had read ludicrous was one a short window opportunity? I figured I missed the boat on that, but I'll ask.

11. RogerHScott

RogerHScott Active Member

As part of the family you are tasked with bringing the macaroni salad for Thanksgiving. And pay no attention to crotchety old Uncle Rasmus -- we all know he's crazy.

• Like x 1
    • Funny x 1
  12. bonnie

bonnie Oil is for sissies.

That's something worth being excited about. Congrats!

• Like x 1
  13. Chief holley

Chief holley Member

Congratulations, what weird cars have tried racing you (in Mexico of course!) so far? Pick-up trucks were my challengers all the time!

14. bcsteeve

bcsteeve Member

Uncle Rasmus? Lol, I have no idea what you're talking about (you especially lost me at Mexico)

15. Mickie

Mickie Member

I believe it's given to an allotment of cars based on either VIN or manufacture date and irrespective of owner.

16. Zero CO2

Zero CO2 a long term goal

It's going to be along 2 weeks ;) ... congrats

17. stan23

stan23 Member

OK, now we can be friends! :) Congrats on the new car. It's an exciting car to drive for sure.

18. bcsteeve

bcsteeve Member

Incidentally, I couldn't give two beans about performance. If the car can do zero to sixty in under 20 seconds, it already beats my last 3 cars (2 smart cars and a Fit). The fastest I'll ever go is 140kph (already 20km over the highest limit and about 50km over the wife-comfort-zone). So I doubt I'd bother with Ludicrous in any case.

Then again... I do recall when I first test drove a non-P Model S (I think it was a 70D) grinning ear to ear as my "don't care about performance" rocketed down the road. So maybe I care more about performance than I realize (but shh... don't tell)

So why did I get a P? Limited options in used and this one was the single least expensive S I could find, P or otherwise. For some reason, the lowest price CPO's in Vancouver are all P85Ds. This one wasn't CPO and it was even less expensive. I since found a couple out-of-market for a little lower, but then I figure why not have the P if it is basically free?

Or its all just b/s to justify it to the wife. I don't know. Brain blocked out certain things when all the zeros came up.

19. stan23

stan23 Member

I think you will love the way the car drives. The power band is instantaneous and all the usable power is between 0-70 mph (which is where most folks like to drive) I don't care about going 100+.

20. gjunky

gjunky Waiting for the Model ☰

Totally understand the excitement and I can tell you it doesn't fade (at least not yet for me, now over a year in).

Congrats with the new addition and I hope the charger location will work for you. I know the wall charger is really not necessary but we love ours. The cord hangs/loops across the HPWC and stays out of the way. No mobile charger to pack or leave on the floor. Also, if you happen to have dual chargers in your P85, it can charge faster.

Have fun driving (as if that was even a question…)