Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I am now officially part of the family :)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Incidentally, I couldn't give two beans about performance. If the car can do zero to sixty in under 20 seconds, it already beats my last 3 cars (2 smart cars and a Fit). The fastest I'll ever go is 140kph (already 20km over the highest limit and about 50km over the wife-comfort-zone). So I doubt I'd bother with Ludicrous in any case.

Then again... I do recall when I first test drove a non-P Model S (I think it was a 70D) grinning ear to ear as my "don't care about performance" rocketed down the road. So maybe I care more about performance than I realize (but shh... don't tell)

So why did I get a P? Limited options in used and this one was the single least expensive S I could find, P or otherwise. For some reason, the lowest price CPO's in Vancouver are all P85Ds. This one wasn't CPO and it was even less expensive. I since found a couple out-of-market for a little lower, but then I figure why not have the P if it is basically free?

Or its all just b/s to justify it to the wife. I don't know. Brain blocked out certain things when all the zeros came up.

Its been a long time. Too long. But as of today, I have signed on the dotted line and I should have a 2015 P85D in a couple of weeks. Yay me (sorry, just excited).

Totally understand the excitement and I can tell you it doesn't fade (at least not yet for me, now over a year in).

Congrats with the new addition and I hope the charger location will work for you. I know the wall charger is really not necessary but we love ours. The cord hangs/loops across the HPWC and stays out of the way. No mobile charger to pack or leave on the floor. Also, if you happen to have dual chargers in your P85, it can charge faster.

Have fun driving (as if that was even a question…)