Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I am obviously missing something...Tesla allowing non-Tesla's to use Superchargers????

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
not sure if this was raised as an idea, but keep x% stalls reserved for teslas. sure, open truly SPARE stalls up but not all of them.

that really would be unfair. I do want to see electric 'catch on' but buying a T did help fund the charging network. some sc's already have lines or queues. for a while, my local sc was the shoreline mtn view one and there would often be a queue waiting. now that the safeway el camino sc is open, there are always stalls free. I've never seen it 100% full (and I dont even try the shoreline site anymore).

the answer is: tesla needs to build more. if they charge other brands to use it, that money can feed back, etc.

in fact, why not have a dynamic 'partition' on how many non-t stalls to reserve. put a color light on the top so that you can tell from a distance if there are free stalls for 'your car' (non t) or not. (dont force people to do apps; apps should always be optional).

I'm on my 9th day of owning my first Tesla and after 1,300 miles (road trip to the FL Keys over the weekend) I am less concerned with overcrowding at the SC as I am disgusted with the the locations. They all look like a dump with at least one dumpster in plain sight. Is that the image Tesla has of their own cars?
One SC location was right at the entrance of drive through for a restaurant and in intersection of a busy street. That is an accident waiting to happen and a breeding ground for angry motorists when they almost bump into that Tesla trying to back into the SC to charge the car.
The only decent charging station I have seen so far was the one at the Tesla dealer in Palm Beach. So 4 our of 5 gave me the impression of dumpster central and/or an accident waiting to happen.
If that experience is representing what the SC network nationwide or globally looks like I don't think I would be worried about overcrowding caused by non-Tesla owners.
They would probably prefer a WAWA or ElectrifyAmerica station anyways.

Reactions: Maxpilot
I'm on my 9th day of owning my first Tesla and after 1,300 miles (road trip to the FL Keys over the weekend) I am less concerned with overcrowding at the SC as I am disgusted with the the locations. They all look like a dump with at least one dumpster in plain sight. Is that the image Tesla has of their own cars?
One SC location was right at the entrance of drive through for a restaurant and in intersection of a busy street. That is an accident waiting to happen and a breeding ground for angry motorists when they almost bump into that Tesla trying to back into the SC to charge the car.
The only decent charging station I have seen so far was the one at the Tesla dealer in Palm Beach. So 4 our of 5 gave me the impression of dumpster central and/or an accident waiting to happen.
If that experience is representing what the SC network nationwide or globally looks like I don't think I would be worried about overcrowding caused by non-Tesla owners.
They would probably prefer a WAWA or ElectrifyAmerica station anyways.
The Sarasota Charger is next to a Whole Foods. Many in FL are at WAWA locations. In my travels I have found many to be at fine locations (near restaurants or near shopping centers).