Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I am posting this in every youtube Tesla topic I come across: Range loss, charge gate etc

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's crazy how Tesla can downgrade the car you bought to protect it's own interest. I wonder how ICE buyers would feel if they bought a 500HP car and then their car turned into 250HP after a software update. I think Tesla should right their wrongs and just replace the battery packs. Then again it doesn't surprise me that companies out there will do anything to not pay out. FYI there is a class action lawsuit that can be googled.

It's crazy how Tesla can downgrade the car you bought to protect it's own interest. I wonder how ICE buyers would feel if they bought a 500HP car and then their car turned into 250HP after a software update. I think Tesla should right their wrongs and just replace the battery packs. Then again it doesn't surprise me that companies out there will do anything to not pay out. FYI there is a class action lawsuit that can be googled.
Probably the same way tesla owners felt when they bought their 691 horsepower P85D!

Reactions: Az_Rael
Just took a road trip and charged up my 2016 Model S 90D. No issues what so ever. Charged in West Lafayette, IN. I should note there was no one else at the charging station. Either way, no issues.
IMG_3370.jpeg

What software version are you on and how many miles? Also you have the 90kwh battery, the issues were mainly affecting the 85kwh packs on the older cars after the newer updates.

Also how long was your car on charge at that rate, I;ve initially seen high rates on my Nov 2014 S85 only for them to drop after 2 mins to 60 to 70kw at 10% down to 40 to 50kw around 50% then down to 30kw

What software version are you on and how many miles? Also you have the 90kwh battery, the issues were mainly affecting the 85kwh packs on the older cars after the newer updates.

Also how long was your car on charge at that rate, I;ve initially seen high rates on my Nov 2014 S85 only for them to drop after 2 mins to 60 to 70kw at 10% down to 40 to 50kw around 50% then down to 30kw

Version 2019.40.2.3, 63K miles. I saw several posts stating that 90's were impacted. That is why I posted this. I should also note my car is 3/2016 build.

I entered the charger with about 9% battery. It initially charged at 30kw, then creeped up to 100+kw for about 30 minutes. Then it slowly started tapering back down to 30kw as it filled up. This is consistent with how it has charged since I have owned the car (which has been about a year).

Botton line is I don't think any of the updates have adversely impacted my 90D charging.

I wonder why not. I can only see two reasons. First is there is some kind of difference between 90's and all previous packs. Second is age. Maybe something happens to the battery packs after time has passed.

I hope it is the first reason because that would mean 90's and 100's would be pulled into this issue. Should be interesting to follow.

IIRC 90s had higher silicon mixed with graphite. So chemistry is different.