Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I am posting this in every youtube Tesla topic I come across: Range loss, charge gate etc

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
To get Tesla to notice and do something about the issue of Range Loss, Charge rate loss and Regen loss after recent update I am now posting short comment in each Youtube Tesla topic I see:

Updates for many many Model S owners has capped over 10% of range and 50% of charging rate:

Darn it, the link was in text but forum is showing the actual vid...I'll stick it in speech marks to see if that helps

"Updates for many many Model S owners has capped over 10% of range and 50% of charging rate: youtube6NwZqbspRAk"

If we all do it then it should raise awareness from the rest of the world and Tesla will have to address it.

I love the complete lack of information in this post.
How about......
What software version was it last working?
Which update caused the issue?
How many updates have you had since?
What was the support response to your question?

The average time between updates on my car currently stands at 14 days - this really does seem more like temper tantrum in a tea cup.
As it stands this is no different to get people to protest to the government about the di-hydrogen monoxide issue.

If you watched the video you would understand, current model 3 owners will not get it because their batteries have not been borked.

How would you feel if over 10% range and 50% charging rate was taken from you overnight in an update. Plenty of threads about this, your cars are new... 4 years down the line if it happens to you will you be so positive.

Bear in mind how much a 10% upgrade to uncork an S60 costs, yet this was taken overnight.

Watching the video explains all....but all hail Tesla right?

Don't like it? Sale it.
And stop spamming everyone.
Posting stuff like this only destroys credibility
That's the whole point, Tesla are not answering why they have done this... this is to get them to communicate as to why they have done this.

I like it how it was before they disabled supercharging as being super and took 20 to 30 miles range overnight..... who actually owns the car?

If you watched the video you would understand, current model 3 owners will not get it because their batteries have not been borked.

How would you feel if over 10% range and 50% charging rate was taken from you overnight in an update. Plenty of threads about this, your cars are new... 4 years down the line if it happens to you will you be so positive.

Bear in mind how much a 10% upgrade to uncork an S60 costs, yet this was taken overnight.

you're the one on the personal crusade here, how about adding some context to persuade people other than "hey, watch my video on youtube so I can get more views"

So in your mind his tantrum is warranted...got it

I have a 7 year old P85 and brand new 3
I read all of the paperwork/ warranty stuff when I bought the S(to make sure I could autocross it and be covered under warranty!) and basically Tesla had the right to do just about anything they feel necessary. protection or software 'improvements'
not sure how many people have other Li batteries that have had over 1k charge cycles but are they the same as a brand new battery?
I expected a minimum of about 80% capacity at 100k miles to be 'ok'. I'm close to 100k but still at ~90%.
The 7 years I've had my S, charge rates have been constantly changing. Supercharging @ a 90kW cap & taper more like what we are seeing again. It is a learning experience regarding charge rates and temperatures & DU efficiency, there are trade offs across the board. I think trying to charge too fast at low temps is a biggy. Ideal charge conditions are much harder to be met now

To get Tesla to notice and do something about the issue of Range Loss, Charge rate loss and Regen loss after recent update I am now posting short comment in each Youtube Tesla topic I see:

Updates for many many Model S owners has capped over 10% of range and 50% of charging rate:

Darn it, the link was in text but forum is showing the actual vid...I'll stick it in speech marks to see if that helps

"Updates for many many Model S owners has capped over 10% of range and 50% of charging rate: youtube6NwZqbspRAk"

If we all do it then it should raise awareness from the rest of the world and Tesla will have to address it.

Watch out for the Tesla apologists who think the company can do no wrong.

I am also a victim of charge/battery-gate and the only thing more annoying than the silence from Tesla, is the denial from other owners and forum users.

Watch out for the Tesla apologists who think the company can do no wrong.

I am also a victim of charge/battery-gate and the only thing more annoying than the silence from Tesla, is the denial from other owners and forum users.
I’m more concerned by consumers that buy a new technology, think they can do whatever they want with it and then result to lawsuit when things don’t work out. I don’t blame Tesla in the least for taking steps to protect all parties.

of course it could just be that Elon is picking on you guys.

I’m more concerned by consumers that buy a new technology, think they can do whatever they want with it and then result to lawsuit when things don’t work out. I don’t blame Tesla in the least for taking steps to protect all parties.

of course it could just be that Elon is picking on you guys.

That’s funny. You’re more concerned about the bottom-line of big business.

I’m more concerned with consumer protection and unfair trade practices.

To each their own, I guess.

No you aren’t...unless you think battery fires are good/safe for consumers

If it does turn out to be for a potential fire issue (which Tesla has not confirmed), Tesla will have a lot to answer for to the NHTSA for not reporting it.

My bet is they are just trying to get the batteries to last thru the 8 year warranty period before they fail.