Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I am really sick of hearing you all cry about trunk / storage space in the 3.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Something like the Model S is perfectly fine for a hatchback for me, but you can't make the same design work on a smaller car like the Model 3 without other big drawbacks.

And it's not like the Model S have great headroom in the backseat.

I would also guess that the Model 3 will be VERY popular for Taxi purposes, self-driving or not. Sacrificing trunk space for headroom in the backseat seems like a smart move for that purpose.

I would also guess that the Model 3 will be VERY popular for Taxi purposes, self-driving or not. Sacrificing trunk space for headroom in the backseat seems like a smart move for that purpose.
People want the best of both worlds. Right now the X might be the only thing that accomplishes this until the Model Y comes out.

If the Model Y is released at a similar or even lower price point than the Model 3 due to using an alien dreadnought 1.0 setup then It's going to be very successful. This is assuming, of course, that it's much better looking than a Model X as well.

Two sets of clubs just barely fit in the trunk of my 328i but I think they might fit better in the Model 3 since there's no hinge intrusion. I'm sure at worst it will be no worse than my BMW.
I had looked at the Caddy ATS when it first came out. Golf clubs don't fit without putting the seat down. I have a buddy who bought one, then traded it in on a CTS for this very reason.