Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I am selling my Model Y SR I just bought in February, maybe you should too??

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Come on man! Do you do this for every YouTube video you watch? lol

(personal opinion only, not moderation content or representing anyone but myself with this post)

When people come here and basically try to promote their own videos with a post that might as well say "like and subscribe", yeah actually. If your post had the text version with an explanation, then said "for some additional detail, you could check out my video" thats different entirely than a clickbait thread title, along with a click bait first post that basically says " You wont believe what I found out! click here!".

I didn't realize that posting a video talking about a very surprising and unique situation with selling my 5 month old Model Y SR without posting a full outline of the video first would cause such a stir, including comments being disabled? Although I don't visit here often anymore I have never been aware of a policy that a thorough summary of a video has to be included with a post? Those of you that think this was some sort of devious plot to make mountains of YouTube cash, I apologize, as that is surely not the case. In a nutshell I was offered 10k more than the list price for my 2021 Model Y SR from Vroom and am using the profits from that sale to upgrade to a MY LR with spending a penny out of pocket or increasing my payment.

I didn't realize that posting a video talking about a very surprising and unique situation with selling my 5 month old Model Y SR without posting a full outline of the video first would cause such a stir, including comments being disabled? Although I don't visit here often anymore I have never been aware of a policy that a thorough summary of a video has to be included with a post? Those of you that think this was some sort of devious plot to make mountains of YouTube cash, I apologize, as that is surely not the case. In a nutshell I was offered 10k more than the list price for my 2021 Model Y SR from Vroom and am using the profits from that sale to upgrade to a MY LR with spending a penny out of pocket or increasing my payment.

I think the issue was the click bait title of your thread with zero summery in the post. I don't see this post getting a positive reaction from the moderators that shut down the original. Yes, you are not re-linking to the video... but you are questioning their choice to damp down on your original post.

Keith

Funny what is focused on.
I'm new here so my opinion means not much to anyone but from a newbies perspective I feel as everything you said in your video could have been typed into maybe three lines of information, and instead it was a link to watch your YouTube like earlier mentioned with no buildup, or info other than you thought we should watch your video.

It feels like spam from the outside looking in, and I presume they disabled the thread to discourage other people from doing the same thing. I'm sure making those videos is a lot of work, and I know it helps to get views on them for monetary purposes but it seems like there are more organic ways of your video being seen than the way it was posted on here with zero attached information.

The original post was titled "I am selling my Model Y I just bought in February, maybe you should too??".
The one line text in the post was "This is crazy, but true...."
The video title was "Why I Am Selling My BRAND NEW Tesla Model Y and Why Maybe You Should Too"
The preview picture was someone (I assume you) stood by the car with their hands on their hips in what looks to be a disappointed stance.

That looks like clickbait to me, which to be blunt, I'm absolutely sick of, so I skipped the video originally.

Given the info you posted above, I'll watch the video, but I hope you can understand why others would have the same reaction that I did.

Again, click bait is intentionally misleading/exagerrating to entice somebody to interact with a video. That isn't the case here, nothing is misleading. Yes anyone that spends the time to make videos likes for people to watch/enjoy the end result but I think making this all about posting a video as opposed to what the video is about is totally missing the point and a waste of energy, IMO of course. Anyway, hope some people do check out the story as it has gotten others to start the same steps, with hopefully similar results.

Your picture showed someone looking disappointed, the video started with sad music, a sigh, and the line "Guys I have some bad news".

You're saying that you didn't intentionally mislead/exaggerate?

But there was no information. Misleading or exaggerated, no. Really, really annoying yes. I'm not going to watch a video to see if I'm interested in watching a video, despite a post title telling me that it's going to be really great. I was annoyed that I wasted time clicking on the thread to see what the video was about only to find zero information contained within.