Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I am so mad! Home delivery cancelled!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
TBH the lady that helped us during pickup wasn't great, i was pretty frustrated at the lot.
i was fortunate to be able to buy one of the demo cars from a Tesla store. The store experience was great. They helped us buy the car and get a quote for our trade in. Everything was clear and accurate at the store. The car was driven to a Tesla pick up site and prepped for delivery. We picked the car up a couple days later at our appointment time. The pick up experience was very loose. We could see our car on the lot with a little sign saying congratulations, but we had to search for someone to help us take delivery. They basically said the paperwork is in the car, let us know when you have signed the paperwork. Everyone was really nice, but I had to ask a couple of times to get someone to walk through the paperwork and what it said and where to sign. At one point they asked me if I took delivery of the car on the Tesla app. I did not know that was a thing. It felt like I was supposed to know what to do, and getting help was not supposed to be necessary. I would have liked more of an appointment experience with one person responsible for my delivery experience and being my main interface with Tesla. In the end it all worked out, we are enjoying the car, and as I say the people were nice.

Reactions: advocate8
What a crazy mess! I feel for you! Are you sure you will get bumped to end of the line in you don't get a VIN by end of Q2? Maybe can get money back to rest in your bank account and chose the I will bring cashiers check when I get the car option. Did you sell your other Tesla already?

Truly a bummer. You should wait it out! Gas prices are high and price of all the T's have increased since you ordered...many months ago! Can you get the VIN of the person who actually wanted car on hold, thinking same build if they got it confused?

Literally takes 5 seconds of googling to see a million dealership horror stories of “sales” go wrong. But believe whatever ya wanna believe.
The thing with Tesla is, the horror stories outweigh the seamless experience that is promised. They simply do not have a proper manufacturing and delivery process in place.

Say what you will about legacy automakers and dealers, but they can build and deliver cars.

The thing with Tesla is, the horror stories outweigh the seamless experience that is promised. They simply do not have a proper manufacturing and delivery process in place.

Say what you will about legacy automakers and dealers, but they can build and deliver cars.
even better when those great dealers say your cars here come get it. you get there and they say oh theres a 10-25k markup sorry nothing we can do. Its just awesome!

even better when those great dealers say your cars here come get it. you get there and they say oh theres a 10-25k markup sorry nothing we can do. Its just awesome!
Clickbait. That has been happening with some models, at some dealers, only in recent months.

How much has the price of Tesla’s entire fleet gone up this year? Please stop defending the terrible experience they deliver to consumers.

What a crazy mess! I feel for you! Are you sure you will get bumped to end of the line in you don't get a VIN by end of Q2? Maybe can get money back to rest in your bank account and chose the I will bring cashiers check when I get the car option. Did you sell your other Tesla already?

Truly a bummer. You should wait it out! Gas prices are high and price of all the T's have increased since you ordered...many months ago! Can you get the VIN of the person who actually wanted car on hold, thinking same build if they got it confused?
Yup, all sold in the last year. I made some money on those sales to help offset the MYP price. Now, we are down to 1 car (an ICE), which is tough to share amongst three drivers. Yes, I confirmed that the way they put my order on hold was like a reset, so now I am back in the queue, thus the July EDD.

If I don't get a VIN in the next day or so, I will need money back. But then I will be in a pickle: buy a used car to hold me over or wait it out to see if Tesla will get me a VIN in the next few weeks or so. If I knew the wait time, that would be help, but my EDD is May 20 to July 9.

I tried to find out the root cause of the issue and Tesla rep said the other order was a Model 3, which makes this even more confusing.

Regardless, for whatever bizarre reason, I still want the MYP (since December, when I ordered it). And, Tesla has not offered any form of compensation or ven regular updates. I've been texting that 510 number like crazy yesterday to see if they found a VIN for me. I even asked if I happen to snag a demo with exact or like spec (e.g., black vs white interior), the rep said that's another order entirely and not much could be done.

• Informative
Reactions: cwerdna
Yup, all sold in the last year. I made some money on those sales to help offset the MYP price. Now, we are down to 1 car (an ICE), which is tough to share amongst three drivers. Yes, I confirmed that the way they put my order on hold was like a reset, so now I am back in the queue, thus the July EDD.

If I don't get a VIN in the next day or so, I will need money back. But then I will be in a pickle: buy a used car to hold me over or wait it out to see if Tesla will get me a VIN in the next few weeks or so. If I knew the wait time, that would be help, but my EDD is May 20 to July 9.

I tried to find out the root cause of the issue and Tesla rep said the other order was a Model 3, which makes this even more confusing.

Regardless, for whatever bizarre reason, I still want the MYP (since December, when I ordered it). And, Tesla has not offered any form of compensation or ven regular updates. I've been texting that 510 number like crazy yesterday to see if they found a VIN for me. I even asked if I happen to snag a demo with exact or like spec (e.g., black vs white interior), the rep said that's another order entirely and not much could be done.
Bummer. It sounds like someone else requested a hold and someone at Tesla fat fingered the order number and tagged yours instead.

Keep pushing Tesla on this one, especially since you already paid for the car. There was another story on this forum of another member having their order cancelled just before delivery because Tesla texted the wrong person if they still wanted their car, and the person who unexpectedly received the text asked Tesla to cancel the order. Tesla recognized the error was on their side and so they made it right. So there is precedent for them fixing their own mistakes.

Reactions: whydontwe
Clickbait. That has been happening with some models, at some dealers, only in recent months.

How much has the price of Tesla’s entire fleet gone up this year? Please stop defending the terrible experience they deliver to consumers.
LOL clickbait? has happened to me twice. I delayed my lightning pickup as they asked for 15k, also had to delay my hummer EV pickup as they were asking a whopping 45k over. Moved both orders to a different dealer. this has been going on for well over a year now not just the last 3 months lol

LOL clickbait? has happened to me twice. I delayed my lightning pickup as they asked for 15k, also had to delay my hummer EV pickup as they were asking a whopping 45k over. Moved both orders to a different dealer. this has been going on for well over a year now not just the last 3 months lol
All high-demand EV’s are selling at a premium. Including Tesla’s. Not sure what point you are trying to make.

At least the ICE dealers were willing to let you drive off with the vehicles.

The price doesn't go up after you order, and while things are discussed here when they go bad, seamless pick ups like my first car aren't talked about because why mention when your car is at the SC, in great order and you sign the papers, look over the car and drive off in 10 minutes? Therefore, negative experiences like the OP seem to be the norm rather than the quiet ones like mine.

The price doesn't go up after you order, and while things are discussed here when they go bad, seamless pick ups like my first car aren't talked about because why mention when your car is at the SC, in great order and you sign the papers, look over the car and drive off in 10 minutes? Therefore, negative experiences like the OP seem to be the norm rather than the quiet ones like mine.
And the same is true with ICE dealers. Show me a BMW or Audi forum littered with delivery horror stories like this one. It doesn’t exist. And those companies sell significantly more vehicles than Tesla does.

Reactions: outdoors
UPDATE: I called Tesla 1-888 number and they actually offered me a MYP in red exterior at my pricing, but I declined it. I don't want red exterior. Looks like I am on a "spreadsheet" of escalated RNs. The rep who I spoke to was very apologetic. They said I would get free transport as long as the vehicle is in California (but I think this is the norm anyways).

Stay tuned.

Sadly dealers and how they are you cannot on pre orders. which is why this is all happening. The dealer has the final say even when you preorder. Different than Tesla as you are signing the contract when you preorder to lock in your price.
Things must be different in Canada. In my experience with several custom orders over the years (including a delivery this Feb) sign the order and the price is the price.

UPDATE: I called Tesla 1-888 number and they actually offered me a MYP in red exterior at my pricing, but I declined it. I don't want red exterior. Looks like I am on a "spreadsheet" of escalated RNs. The rep who I spoke to was very apologetic. They said I would get free transport as long as the vehicle is in California (but I think this is the norm anyways).

Stay tuned.
Free transport as in destination fee? I live a few miles from the factory and still had to pay the $1200. Sounds like a good deal to me. I would say Tesla made the effort to make things right.

No, transport fee not delivery fee. I think it used to be free from Fremont to Los Angeles but it’s now $500.
Interesting! I thought the destination fee was for transportation. I looked at my invoice and there is a separate $0 delivery fee. There is also a $0 carrier fee. I thought federal law required that new car delivery charges were equal for all destinations.

B1FBADBC-CFA7-4A5D-9127-A47FDC52D58B.jpeg