Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I am sold on a HEPA filter for my Tesla purchase

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Also, with bioweapon mode enabled, I found out last night at Bellevue, you can run the fan at any speed, not just 8. Although 8 is required to create a positive pressure environment that ensures no particles will enter the vehicle.

Reactions: Red Sage
A cheaper, and not the same, version is in my Toyota Prius. Pushing a particular button
  • sets the fan to high
  • puts the system in re-circulation mode
Then the cabin air is pushed through the cabin filter. Paired with a carbon filter it cleans up smells really well. A couple of times I have entered the noxious cloud of road repaving. The filtration system removes the stink (even to my sensitive nose) in about 15 seconds even while still in the cloud.

I am no expert, but I tend to think of HEPA and carbon filters as somewhat complementary. HEPA is a size trap, while carbon acts as a charge attractant. Knowing Tesla, their expensive system has both, and more ;-)

• Informative
Reactions: Red Sage
Has anyone heard what the price of the replacement filters are? I have a some IQ Air cleaners and they cost $200 to $500 each for each change, which is about every four months if you use the LED indicator as a guide to replacement.