Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I am speechless: Koch Corporate Overview video includes ... Tesla Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OK - kudos to you for your, umm, due diligence. Inquiring minds want to know, however, what on earth possessed you to watch this?!?!?!?!?

BTW, if you have any desire to step on a hornets' nest, bring up the topic Koch/Flint Hills Refinery in the suburb of Fairbanks Alaska called North Pole (really). The refinery there has poisoned close to one-third of the town's house's wells (most homes have their own wellwater) with sulfolane, and....oh, it's a royal mess. So Koch has decided simply to close the refinery.

Woah...

Had to do some research after watching that one. Apparently, Koch Industries subsidiary Invsita makes nylon for airbags, they claim to be in over 1 billion airbags. I wonder if Tesla's airbags actually use this nylon or not. It would be really interesting if Tesla didn't use their airbags, yet Koch used them in the video anyway (why did they use a Tesla when anything else would suffice?).

Interesting, they did not remove logo from a Chevy shown earlier in the video... (0:42)

Wonder if the logo just wasn't there for the airbag test shown in the video.

If have an interesting semi-personal connection to Koch Industries. My cousin and her husband live in Wichita, KS. Her husband is a former Air Force pilot (used to fly F-4s in Vietnam, and also flew Air Force Two for awhile--he has a picture flying Bush Sr. around when he was VP). Anywho, he has long since retired from the Air Force and is now...wait for it...the corporate pilot for the Koch brothers themselves. I've been to the Koch Industries HQ hanger and walked on the Koch Brothers' jet.

Don't worry, I showered thoroughly afterward.

Can this please not turn into a bash the Koch Industries thread?

It hasn't turned into one. It always was one right from the title to this thread. If you don't like, and want to start a thread about not being surprised about Tesla being associated with these climate change deniers, "citizens united" and big oil supporters, then please do so. It won't make any sense though.