Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I am stressed, picking a used 2016 75d tomorrow

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
ordered through online from tesla, 2016 75d with 21 inch rims, 68k kms for $53k
filled in all the details and delivery date is tomorrow, but i come to know the following

-cannot test drive in the lot
-can only inspect vehicle
-they provide 1 yr warranty or 20k km, asked about extended warranty they said no option
-when browsing through online from tesla owners , heard about examples like wheel bearing and other issues that might not cover from warranty.
they still provide battery warranty until 2024

it just seem to be annoying that making a $60k after tax purchase but cannot test drive the used vehicle or bring a mechanic to check.
Or do i simply trust the standard from Tesla service center mechanic ?

To all tesla owners, can you pls guide me what should i look out for tomorrow delivery date for my used vehicle?

@lowakiu Welcome to Tesla ownership!

I bought my 2016 75D last year - in exactly the same scenario as yourself. Mine had 26.8K km on it. Paid CAD $73.6k + tax.

Last year they were giving a 4 year/80km warranty and it was one of the main reasons that I bought the car from Tesla directly.

The 1 year warranty you are getting will cover the whole car for another year or 20K (whichever comes first).

Take it for a test drive when you go there tomorrow and check for unusual sounds (easy to do as the car is very quiet, no engine noise), excessive wear and tear on the interior and exterior, yellowing border on the MCU and refuse the car if you don't like what you're seeing.

Good luck and welcome to the family!

Hi everyone i m back, so yes i ended up picking it up

what was the process
  1. Arrive showroom, call in tell them here due to covid, cannot enter showroom
  2. Rep called me Back in 3 mins and the whole process is actually from phone
  3. Ask me to walk to the back of parking lot
  4. See the beautiful tesla 75d
  5. The whole week before i pick up I was afraid the tires are old and need safety soon, surprisingly all Michelin 21 inch tires are brand new, some even hv date 2420 code
  6. From phone ask me inspect interior and exterior
  7. The Rep is very nice and said i can drive in the lot to test drive, everything was good
  8. Rep come out after to collect the documents i signed from phone
  9. Showed me a quick supercharger Lesson
  10. Car comes with 1 yr warranty or 20k km, battery until 2024 warranty
  11. One of door sensor has issue and rep already booked the mobile service team to come fix this coming fri

here you go with some pics
2016 75d
68k km
Before tax 53k
21 inch wheels with all brand new tires

i think the price i paid is pretty good compare to kijiji and autotrader, let me know your thoughts and thank you everyones help to help me become part of tesla family
F5E88074-8AFA-49DF-A629-AB92E29414D7.jpeg
C9FFF984-4CB8-4638-91E7-2B20347306AE.jpeg
E6A7261B-B3E3-4682-936B-F651108E412A.jpeg

@lowakiu Congrats!!! Car looks fantastic! You may need to get a second set of rims with winter tires fairly quickly as the 21's will be dangerous to drive on in our winters here.

Lots of people selling 19 inch OEM rims on here. Just look out for something local if you can do without driving the car in bad weather till you find a set. I have the Michelin X-ICE winter tires on mine. Got them from Costco last year for my first winter.

@lowakiu congrats - what a beautiful car. I'm glad the harbingers of doom were wrong about the process. This mirrors every interaction I've had with Tesla over two vehicles - the internet will tell you how much they suck and are deceptive, in reality for me they've been friendly, helpful and flexible every single time I've dealt with them. Enjoy that ride!