Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I bought a Range Rover. Buh-bye!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, as a good friend put it, the Duracell fetish didn’t last long! LOL! I tried to love my MX, I really did. But, in the end, it wasn’t for me.

Why? The fit and finish leave much to be desired. The A/C motor is way too loud. The A/C just can’t keep up with South Florida weather (I had to constantly keep it on 10 and 11 to cool down the cabin). The FWDs are the coolest thing ever but very impractical for daily use. FSD/AP and Smart Summon are not reliable enough (I could use harsher words) to be used regularly.

I got offered a boatload more than I paid for the Tesla six months ago, so I took the money and ran! I’m back to Range Rover and couldn’t be happier.

I’m thrilled I had the opportunity to own this MX. I know this will not be my last electric car; but I don’t know if I’ll come back to Tesla. I place a lot of emphasis on luxury and Tesla is on a different path.

THANK YOU EVERYONE! You guys have an awesome forum community, and I appreciate you welcoming me with open arms.

Finally, no new car thread (Tesla or else) is proper without pics of the new car. So, meet Elizabeth Windsor II, Queen of England!

Safe FSD travels 😊

Jose

jb_rr_001_lowres.jpg

jb_rr_003_lowres.jpg

jb_rr_004_lowres.jpg

jb_rr_005_lowres.jpg

Well, with a 4 year old Model X, I'm not to surprised.
My bought new 2019 Raven, now 2 years old and 22K has been fantastic.
I researched when I ordered and changed my order from 5 Seat to 7 Seat when I learned it had a higher capacity A/C.
I rarely ever hear my A/C. But I am a lot further north, but it can get pretty hot/humid up hear in July/August.
I have never used summon and don't really care. But I always use AP and it works very good. Certainly could be better and I hope it eventually will be.
Good luck. Range Rover's aren't exactly noted for reliability.

Reactions: FlyF4
I think its great when people find a product that they are happy about, whatever that is (tesla or whatever else). What I dont get, though, and frankly is somewhat annoying to me, is why people feel the need to post some sort of announcement about it. Even the thread title for this thread is designed to generate clicks and responses and debate.

Its basically "Im outta here!" Good for you, OP, but why do you feel like everyone needs to know about the fact you are leaving?

Best of luck, she's a beauty! I admit, Teslas are pretty frumpy looking and the fit and finish is poor.

That said, I don't think, in fact I know, I could never go back to a gas car. Tesla has plenty of issues to work out, but I'll hang on to mine until another suitable replacement comes along, whether that's Tesla, Rivian, Lucid, Polestar or Ford. I love the power and independence of owning an EV. I loathe the smell of exhaust and gasoline fumes. EV all the way for me.

That's a gorgeous Ride!

For me there's much more to it. First off out the gate is Daily drive costs. My KWh cost in CA is 7.5 cents (home @ night. I also get free Supercharging but only use it when I am driving to one of my other houses either in the Bay area or St. George, UT) and I usually commute-drive about +/-100 miles per day. To replenish that hundred miles is less than 3 bucks in electricity per night. I have owned 4 years and have had ZERO maintenance, well, 1 set of tires... at 48k miles.. Gas is 5 bucks/gallon. Hard to tell which engine you have but let's say it's 28MPG = 18 bucks a day. Then there're oil changes and periodic maintenance.

Fit and finish sucks, agreed and the car is pretty fragile in comparison, but he gadgets are awesome, updates are often exciting, and the acceleration is exhilarating!

• Love
Reactions: Baxterdown