TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

I Bought the Blackvue 650...

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by Brunton, Apr 26, 2016.

1. Brunton

Brunton Pontificating the obvious

Now I just need to get it installed.

Can anyone recommend a good installer in the Charleston SC area?

Alternatively, I'll be in Cherry Hill NJ in early June. Any good installers there?

2. cmorgan

cmorgan Member

Has anyone asked whether a SC might do this kind of thing? I'm also interested in installing a Blackvue but not confident I won't break some of those plastic tabs when removing various interior parts of the car. I was thinking about asking on the forums to see if someone local that has done it already might be willing to help me install it.

3. Brunton

I asked my DS about that when I picked up my car. He said they do not do dash cam installs.

4. flyinghawaiian

I just installed the blackvue 650 2 ch in the S. It was a breeze. I had done it on our Audi Q5 and that was a bit of a pain because the Audi fit and finish was better, which meant everything was tighter and harder to squeeze the cable between the pillars and headliners for the rear cam.

The model s was super easy. And what was nice was I had the AC going so I was also super comfortable. Took about 15 minutes to install both cams.

5. Maximus8

Maximus8 Member

That's got to be a record...15 minutes, WOW!

6. Maximus8

Maximus8 Member

These tabs are an inexpensive replacement for the tabs which most likely will break when removing a panel.

7. beantobe

beantobe Member

8. beantobe

beantobe Member

Yeah I think it would take me 15 minutes just to replace all the clips I would break

9. Brunton

I'm glad it was easy. Please share a step-by-step of how you did it.

10. Naonak

Naonak Member

Na, that's about how long it took me to do my second one. The first one took longer because I was experiementing with what needed to be done. Once I knew, putting it in the wifes Tesla was a super easy. I don't know why everyone freaks out about putting the 650 in their car - it is, by far, the easiest car to put a Dashcam in that I've ever done, and I've put in about 8 of them so in my cars over the years.

• Dislike x 1
  11. pixel4

pixel4 Member

The guy who made the break-in video should get paid by Blackvue for his accidental viral marketing.

12. cman8

cman8 Member

Really is easy to install. There are a few Step By Step guides here and on the web. Just set aside a couple hours to do it and you will be fine doing it yourself.

• Like x 1