Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I can’t believe it happened to me

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Until today, I was laughing at the poor suckers always posting about rashed rims. “I’m more careful than that, I have excellent situational awareness,” I told myself.

The scary thing to me with this is that I have no idea how or when I did it. I didn’t hear or feel a thing, and no one else has driven the car since the last time it was undamaged.

Be careful out there, folks!

Attachments

• D8CAB015-E5E3-4FCB-B8D0-2D29E737E9B8.jpeg
    D8CAB015-E5E3-4FCB-B8D0-2D29E737E9B8.jpeg
    696.1 KB · Views: 91
Reactions: BitJam and TBrownTX
Until today, I was laughing at the poor suckers always posting about rashed rims. “I’m more careful than that, I have excellent situational awareness,” I told myself.

The scary thing to me with this is that I have no idea how or when I did it. I didn’t hear or feel a thing, and no one else has driven the car since the last time it was undamaged.

Be careful out there, folks!
Bummer. But you have a good attitude about it

On my car, rashed rims just show you drive it. Never fails, too bad, but it happens. I understand that they make rim colored paint to hide the raw aluminum, but at 80 mph, who can tell anyway? I don't sit anywhere long enough to have people wander over and exclaim, "Oh, you have wheel rash! Tsk, tsk!" And while I'm driving it, which is what I do when it's not in my garage, you'd need a high speed camera to see it.

Drive it and enjoy it.

Idiots. You shouldn't be allowed on the road. I've been saying that for YEARS!!! Use your EYEBALLS, guys. Seriously. How can y'all be so incompetent?????

(oops...just brushed a curb at a fast-food drivethru...gonna have to park my car as punishment...and these are GEMINIS, that DON"T stick out past the sidewall)

I guess I've just joined a large club of losers...

Been there done that, but I know how i did it. Drive thru was one, got to close on the left front. Not bad, many had done it before me, rubber on curb protected most of the rim. Then cut corner too close making a right around a car, that one hurt. About a third of Gemini (Apollo technically) rim got wacked. Will take off hubcaps and sand down the rims to make it look a bit better. After the initial shock, oh well.

Have a full set to replace, but waiting for these to wear out, then put Winter tires on these rims and the others will wear the Conti's for the rest of the year till they wear out.

I thoroughly messed up my 19inch rims on a curb while avoiding getting hit by someone who wasn't paying attention. Luckily EBay is full of refinished ones and I was able to score one that looks brand new for under 300.
I've had cars with nice rims/low profile tires and never managed to mess them up like I did this one. Better a rim than the front of my car I guess.

Usually the view from my sideview mirrors while not showing the curb, does show how much space I have to work with. No rash so far.
Well, aren't YOU special???🤣🤣🤣🤣 How do those same mirrors work when you're driving forward, around a curb? Huh?????

What I HAVE noticed is the interior trim on the doors tapers/slopes downward, which confuses my perception of how the car is tracking. I frequently end up parking at an angle when I was totally convinced the car was straight.