Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I can’t get NOA to engage

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I bought a model 3 a week ago and bought the full FSD.
I put the destination in the navigation, push down twice the right level, but could not gotten to date the NOA to show up.

I can get the highways autopilot, that shows as two blue lines at the edges of the lane, can change lines, does stop to traffic light, keeps the distance etc.

But, I can’t get the NOA where it would show a blue line in front of the car.
I checked and NOA is enabled in the menus.

I thought by paying extra $9000 on addition to the $6000 for advanced autopilot I would get the NOA FSD, it does not have to be the 11.3 beta but a previous working FSD

Software version shows v11.1 (2022.44.200)

Anything I’m missing on how to get NOA/FSD to work?

I think you are confusing Navigate on Autopilot with Full Self Driving Beta @MuchHat .

1. Buy the "Enhanced Autopilot" package; get navigate on autopilot for use on highways
2. Buy "Full Self Drive" package and you get as above, plus the option to request access to FSDbeta which enables the autopilot driving on city streets. Except that is paused to new users at the moment whilst they fix some issues. See Tesla's Full Self-Driving Beta is now available to everyone in the US and Canada

Last edited:
You are right, I was mixing the terms.

So, I did buy the $15k package.

I’m looking for “auto steer” on city streets. Meaning I put a destination and it will drive, turn, stop etc end to end, city and highway.

I was under the impression than once you buy the $15k you get access right away to “auto steer” on city streets.

I understand there are a set of early adopters of the latest greatest build eg 11.3 and you have to be selected in for that, but I thought everybody else who paid $15k gets FSD, although might be an older stable builds, not the latest one.

So, unless I get accepted in beta no auto steer on city streets period?

Thank you,

I’m looking for “auto steer” on city streets. Meaning I put a destination and it will drive, turn, stop etc end to end, city and highway.

I was under the impression than once you buy the $15k you get access right away to “auto steer” on city streets.

I understand there are a set of early adopters of the latest greatest build eg 11.3 and you have to be selected in for that, but I thought everybody else who paid $15k gets FSD, although might be an older stable builds, not the latest one.

Thank you,
In the car you need to request Beta FSD.

Thank you,
It's a bit complicated:

Right now, FSD beta (city streets FSD) is on pause due to a recent NHTSA recall effort. So, regardless of below, you cannot get FSD beta until 11.3.2 rolls out.

First off, you need to request FSD beta from your car's menu, if you haven't already done so.

Once 11.3.2 (or whatever version is released next) goes out, then, if your car's current software version is a lower number than the FSD beta software version, then you should (hopefully) get FSD beta shortly afterward. For example, if your current software version is 2022.44.30.2 and the next FSD beta software is 2022.45.20, then your car should end up downloading the FSD beta software.

However, if your software is 2023.2.12 and the FSD beta software is 2022.45.20, then your car will not download FSD beta because Tesla considers that a downgrade, which they do not do.

So, if you have up to date software, you need to NOT install any new versions that download to your car unless it is an FSD beta version. You can use teslafi.com/firmware to check any downloaded version to see if it is FSD beta.

Reactions: neo1738
Thanks for sharing the information. My car currently has version 2022.44.200 installed and hasn't received any automatic updates so far. I don't think there's a way to manually update to a specific version. Or is there?

However, I have requested the beta and it's showing that I'm in the queue.

Do you happen to know the percentage of people who requested the beta and got accepted?

Thank you for providing such a detailed response.

Thanks for sharing the information. My car currently has version 2022.44.200 installed and hasn't received any automatic updates so far. I don't think there's a way to manually update to a specific version. Or is there?

However, I have requested the beta and it's showing that I'm in the queue.

Do you happen to know the percentage of people who requested the beta and got accepted?

Thank you for providing such a detailed response.
There should be no problem with you being accepted into the FSD beta program. Tesla opened it up to all FSD owners late last year. And, having a new car that has yet to receive an update works in your favor. If you had received an update, you would likely be on a 2023 software version, which might be too new to receive the next FSD beta update.

There is no way to initiate an update. When your car is offered new software, it will automatically download to the car. You will then be prompted in the App and in the car to begin installation at a time that is convenient to you. Since you will be unable to use the car for 30-60 minutes after the update begins, you must initiate the process.

However, before you install an update, make sure it is an FSD beta version. If you install a new non-FSD beta version, you will almost certainly jump ahead of the FSD beta software and will have to wait even longer. Once installed, you cannot revert to a previous version.

Yes if you have requested beta the only thing to do now is wait until the next update comes out. They were rolling it out to everyone who requested it for a while, but then the thing got recalled so they stopped the rollout. Once the next update (probably 11.3.2) comes out, you should get an update that adds FSD beta.